[Vote] (6-56) Tribute Tweaks Part 1: Make Influence Penalty Harsher

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Yeah I know it was just changed last congress, but there are several apparent problems that need to be addressed.

Current influence penalties:
Tribute: -30 :c5influence: Influence
Heavy Tribute: -60 :c5influence: Influence

Heavy Tribute penalty proposed last time but is unimplemented: (Clarification: It was implemented in 4.2.4)
-60 :c5influence: Influence, or reset to resting point, whichever is lower

Proposal:
If current influence >= resting point,
Tribute penalty: set to 30 :c5influence: Influence under resting point
Heavy Tribute penalty: set to 60 :c5influence: Influence under resting point
Otherwise,
Tribute penalty: -30 :c5influence: Influence
Heavy Tribute penalty: -60 :c5influence: Influence

Influence still cannot drop under -60.

Rationale:
30/60 :c5influence: Influence is nothing later on in the game, so you can tribute your friends and allies freely without much punishment.
Heavy Tribute is a strong action, and the CS should have every reason to hate you. The unimplemented penalty makes you still friends with the CS if you've ever bulbed a Great Diplomat on it. This proposal changes it to require 3 (or a marriage) instead.

Possible alternative (NOT part of this proposal, but feel free to counterpropose): disregard resting point and hard set to -30 and -60 :c5influence: Influence instead.

DLL + UI changes needed.

Last edited:
I sponsor this.

Last time I checked, the resistance to being Bullied was super high when you were friends/allies with them (aside from with Tyranny), to the point of it being near impossible to do. Has this changed?

Last time I checked, the resistance to being Bullied was super high when you were friends/allies with them (aside from with Tyranny), to the point of it being near impossible to do. Has this changed?
This was completely revamped in last congress updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom