6otM 12 After Action Report

You are welcome to replay and post about it. Please tell us it was a replay as only your first attempt counts towards results.

Reactions: rfa
Great :)

I re played & got 506

More aggressive settling & knowledge of the map certainly helped my score.

Used Darwin on Canary Is. for a nerd sticker (trophy)

What would I do differently? Build a reasonable army & eliminate Roosevelt. What is a reasonable army? 12 archers & 6 knights?

Score: 731

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
Settled 14, captured 2 from America, mostly peaceful approach.
I have to say, this forward settling is seriously out of hand. I'd understand it, if AI did not have space to expand, but now Teddy has the southern half of the continent to himself, but no, he comes and settles five tiles away from my capital, with no hope to defend his expand.
- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Mostly followed eurekas, as usual.
- What did you do to pump up your score??
Was building wonders and creating great works, but honestly, the time would have been better spent by building some troops and putting them to use.
- Did you bother with Religion?
Yep, converted my continent, took Divine spark and production bonus.
- Did you bother with Culture?
Built a couple of Archaeological museums, also created some great works.
- Did you bother with Science
Nothing too crazy.
- Were City-States helpful?
Became suzerain of all on my continent and made sure to have Brussels, when I found it.
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Disabling all VC makes impossible to track your progress. In the future, for such games enabling Score victory would probably be better.
- Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, of course. As more of a builder than warmonger, this was just for me :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
Score: 406

Settled 5, captured 4 from America and Valetta
No priorities
I built up as many wonders as I could and tried to research as much as possible
Yes
No.
Built up as many research facilities as I could
No
I was surprised that America attacked me, so just killed most of them.
Yea it was interesting not playing to a final victory

Attachments

• AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Score 2813

Hey guys! I have never played for score in Civ 6, but as citites, districts and population are the most efficient way of accumulating points i decided to cover the whole map with cities while whiping out the Ai`s. I went for a t200 Big Ben timing to buy a lot of settler and builder, then started chopping as much as i could to speed things up. I used the Great Zimbabwe in New Orleans for a high gold/production city with lots of traderoutes.
I destroyed the last AI, i hope that is not against the rules? Just clicked one more turn afterwards.

Did not count, i conquered the whole world and settled almost every spot, for a total of ~80 cities

I followed heurekas as it was obvious to finish both trees. Oligarchy->Trade Republic->Democracy.

Settle as much highly populated cities as possible while building districts. Lots of science and culture for future techs. I also built every wonder in the game.

Yep i got the 2. religion. +1 amenities, tithe. God of the forge pantheon for faster early unit production.

Yes i got a lot of TD`s and districts next to the sea for the Nan Madol bonus.

Campus in most cities.

Very much so. The envois were really helpful, also being suzerain of 12 city states euqals 120% bonus science/culture with diplomatic policy cards. Toronto , Valetta and Nan Madol were especially useful.

Yes, a alot.

Attachments

• Gotm 12 t250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • 20170423205803_1.jpg
    20170423205803_1.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 20170423205914_1.jpg
    20170423205914_1.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 173
Score 888

Left off military after taking out Teddy forgetting it was King and thinking I'd be way behind and disappointed to find no more neighbours. By the time I jumped into the water it was too late to do much. Should have settled more I see but I hate micro-managing all those cities. Was too late to Athens and didn't have enough time to take it and its wonders.

Stupidly, had alliance with Gilly but forgot to invite him to my war with Liz. :hammer2:

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
Not sure the settings worked properly for Mac players. Took out the final survivor Montezuma on turn 226 and got a victory notice as no one else was left. Kept playing and on turn 250 received a defeat notification.

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 250 1695 AD.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
  • CLEOPATRA 226 1575 AD.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
First GoTM attempt, and looks like a reasonable effort... been really interesting to read people's strategies and I certainly feel foolish for not even leaving my continent. I conquered everything except one city state to try and raise my score, but seems the Suzarain bonus is too important to pass by and should have embarked for the new continent!

Score 596.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
My score was a measly 419.

Settled 5, captured 3 from America, 1 from Greece and 2 from England.

I didn't really prioritize anything.

I thought maybe building wonders and districts was the way to go, so I did that at first. That got pretty boring though, and I didn't have enough production to pump them out quickly enough, so at around 200 I just went pillaging.

I made it a point to get one - I wasn't sure how many points religion played into the victory.

Kind of? My problem was probably not focusing on one thing hard enough, and just doing a bit of everything.

See above.

Yeah - they weren't aggressive. I was suzerian of all CS on my continent.

I was kind of surprised to only deal with America on a small continent for most of the game. I attacked him early because he settled where I wanted to, and after that we were angry neighbors at best. I finally got rid of him, then explored the rest of the map. I probably did that too late though - should have done it a 100 turns earlier.

Yes - it was a nice change from typical vc - I just wish it was possible to see your score before the end.
upload_2017-4-29_8-45-48.png

Score 1255 (De Gaulle). Turn 250.

Apparently I lost? Despite that, I controlled the world, having conquered everyone except Aztec and Greece (leaving them one city each). I reached Information Age in both Civics and Tech, but didn’t manage to finish either tree. My later-game strategy was to take over the far continent after the AI had developed it up to turn 200, which I did with little resistance using tanks and infantry. I finished with a rather cheesy settler spam over the last 20 turns, populating any available tile within reach. I finished with 56 cities.

I found Egypt a relatively weak civ to play. The district / wonder bonus is their best feature. The Maryannu chariot archer looks strong, but is terribly expensive for an early-game UU and (critically) does not upgrade to knights. The trade bonus is better for trading partners, hence Egypt is usually a welcome AI. I only built one sphinx, on turn 250 for the sake of it!

Score victory (or defeat!!??) is potentially interesting but this type of game needs a rolling score to assess your progress and keep it fully immersive. It looks like you need to play a long game to achieve very high rankings.

EDIT
APPARENTLY NOT:- Well played Whacker!!

I include the final game save and (I think) the turn 251 autosave which automatically runs into the end screen and doesn't give the "one-more-turn" option.

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 249 1690 AD.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Oooops, missed this one.

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom