6otM146 AAR

Culture Victory Turn 249 BUT 100 turns in I remembered about the No World Congress mod. Decided to play it out rather than start over.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
Build some Holy Sites early to get some faith generation, and then spam Theatre Squares.
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?
Started with a Scout. Don't really remember after that, but I know I built a Holy Site in the capital and Temple of Artemis early on.
- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
Animal Husbandry first to get some camps and pastures going, and then Astrology. Civics I went for Foreign Trade and then tried to get to Nationalism.
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Automatic theming, Queen's Bibliotheque, and Open-air Museums, practically OP for a Culture victory.
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
Settled 12 and loyalty flipped one from Poland. Didn't go to war. I settled the capital on the amber and then went east and west.
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Theatre Squares and more Theatre Squares. After I got going I built Harbors and Commercial Hubs for traders. Got Mont St. Michel and built a few Apostles to sacrifice to Polish missionaries. I think I only had about 8 military units the whole game.
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
Divine Spark for GP points, Reliquaries, Synagogues, and Sacred Places. Didn't get to the 3rd belief.
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
Classical Republic, Monarchy, Democracy
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
Pingala of course, and Liang to take advantage of all that sweet volcanic soil around Vesuvius.
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
As somebody else mentioned I made a lot of money selling strategic resources I didn't need. Everybody liked me except Cleo. Not sure what her problem was.
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
Golden Medieval and Rennaissance, and would have had a Golden Modern age if the game lasted that long.
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
Didn't really.
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
The terrain adds a little wrinkle to district/wonder planning. I settled on desert only to discover all the tiles were desert hills so no Petra.
- Did you enjoy your game?
Definitely. First try at a GOTM, and first try with Kristina. It was fun.

Attachments

• KRISTINA 250 1695 AD_Victory.Civ6Save
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom