(7-87) God of the Sun Tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Current God of the Sun:
+3 :c5faith: Faith and +2 :c5gold: Gold from Granaries. +3 :c5food: Food from Farms on Resources.

Problem:
  • This is a terrain-based pantheon, but the :c5faith: Faith is on a building, not the improvement/resource/terrain. The yield spread actually makes it feel more like Ancestor Worship, with the building bonus being the main bonus.
  • When compared to Ancestor Worship, the lack of both :c5science: Science and :c5culture: Culture makes it inferior. You may go straight for Council with Ancestor Worship, but you're never going to skip Monument with God of the Sun, which means you get the Granary yields later.
Proposed God of the Sun:
+2 :c5faith: Faith and +2 :c5gold: from Granaries. +1 :c5faith: Faith and +2 :c5food: Food from Farms on Resources.

Done. Now it's just a normal terrain-based pantheon.
With just two farms on resources in a city, it surpasses the current version. And you're only picking this pantheon if you have numerous farm resources anyway. With just one, it's better to pick Spirit of the Desert (desert farms), God of the Open Sky (grass/plains farms), or Goddess of Purity (marsh farms) instead.

hehe just under the deadline gun!

Im glad others feel like I do that Sun needs some help. Ultimately though this doesn't really feel like much of a buff. Yes you can found a bit easier with it, but founding speed isn't really sun's problem. It just gives food which doesn't scale great and without happiness bonuses tends to be capped as you have to cap growth anyway. Its a minimum amount of gold....there is just nothing sexy here and the food is even weaker now.

Now I could see an option to make it +1 faith for granary and +2 faith on farms. Aka just make this a faith HEAVY pantheon, you aren't going for regular yields, you want faith, that's why you pick this. That I could possibly see.

I'm merely fixing this to be a normal terrain-based pantheon, since it just can't compete with a building-based one (Ancestor Worship).

Submitted during the Counterproposal Phase. :mad:

EDIT: Okay I stand corrected, CDT and CST are technically not the same. I'll allow it...

Last edited:
Submitted during the Counterproposal Phase. :mad:

EDIT: Okay I stand corrected, CDT and CST are technically not the same. I'll allow it...
I did read the rules carefully! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom