(7-VT) Integrate Road Planner modmod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great modmod, but I am worried about memory consumption, so many people already have this problem actually:/

Great modmod, but I am worried about memory consumption, so many people already have this problem actually:/
Because of the modmod or in general? If it's the latter then it would be helpful if people that usually have a problem with memory would test the modmod to check if it makes it worse significantly.

If you don't use it, there shouldn't be more memory consumption than there is now.

If you don't use it, there shouldn't be more memory consumption than there is now.
Well, yeah, of course that not using a modmod doesn't increase memory consumption. I just wonder how big of a problem the memory consumption is. This may be a problem with almost any modmod, though.

Just saying that there's no harm including it, when the code that makes it work is already in the DLL.

The only problem is that it currently only works properly for EUI. The file that needed to make tile highlighting work is based on EUI modification. So unless we can make it also work properly on non-EUI, I would vote no. People can just download the modmod anyway if they like it.

Good point. Me personally, I can't use modmods, because installation of VP via autoinstaller doesn't work for me, so I only use modpack and modmods tell me that they are not compatible...

Also, this would set a future precedent for people proposing changes around this modmod use case. Just like what already happened with people proposing changes to promotion stuff because of the Promotion Tree modmod included in the VP installation package.

Also, this would set a future precedent for people proposing changes around this modmod use case. Just like what already happened with people proposing changes to promotion stuff because of the Promotion Tree modmod included in the VP installation package.
That's good. If it's integrated with VP then it's also in scope of changes for VP Congress proposals.

@L. Vern Would you agree with that? If you want to make any future additions to the mod they need to go through congress once it's integrated, that would slow down its development.

Good point. Me personally, I can't use modmods, because installation of VP via autoinstaller doesn't work for me, so I only use modpack and modmods tell me that they are not compatible...
What about the manual install?

@L. Vern Would you agree with that? If you want to make any future additions to the mod they need to go through congress once it's integrated, that would slow down its development.

What about the manual install?
Hmm, forgot about that. Might work!

It wouldn't have to. None of this mod is about balance changes.

I would prefer this wait at least until the next session. Route planner is brand new and bugs are still being found; some level of polish is expected of features in the main mod.

@L. Vern looks like you are requesting we formally table this until next session? As the author you certainly have that say so let me know

MAGI: Proposal vetoed as the mod author doesn't want the mod to be included for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom