7/23 BtS release date

I just checked my Amazon order status. It says delivery estimate of 7-24...

I just checked my Amazon order - it hans't shipped yet!
It was supposed to ship today (23rd) and arrive on the 25th. It still stays it will arrive on the 25th - but seeing as I paid for two-day delivery, I would imagine it needs to ship TODAY to make it her by the 25th.

Anyone else check to see if their order has shipped?

I just checked my Amazon order - it hans't shipped yet!
It was supposed to ship today (23rd) and arrive on the 25th. It still stays it will arrive on the 25th - but seeing as I paid for two-day delivery, I would imagine it needs to ship TODAY to make it her by the 25th.

Anyone else check to see if their order has shipped?

Checking Amazon now... Not yet shipped! :mad:
The game has to ship today if I want to receive it by tomorrow.

*All bug eyed and exhausted... hair in a mess... shaking nervously while drinking his 29th Coca-Cola in an unkown period of time*

I can see them! I do! They're there. Watching us. Laughing. Making jokes. Wondering what vile things they can do. They've been changed you see. Gandhi from Civ I and his younger brother Gandhi from Civ II took over Firaxis. They rule over Sid. They changed them. They're trying to subdue to the world. They're out to get us!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

:lol: ;) :mischief: :p

Seriously though, this is annoying. You think they'd just say when to expect in stores rather then drive us nuts wondering what in Civilization is going on.

Amazon says in stock on the 28th.

My pre-order:

Shipping estimate: July 27, 2007
Delivery estimate: August 1, 2007 - August 3, 2007

Ok, apparently you people don't understand the way shipping works. First of all, packages are almost never shipped from Amazon or any other shipping company on Saturday or Sunday. Second of all, they probably ran out of their current stock and won't get any more until the 28th, which is when it says they'll have it in stock.

And for those of you whining that it's not at your store yet, a release date almost ALWAYS mean the date when it is shipped from company warehouses, not the date when it will be at the stores. So wait a couple of days and it will arrive. It's called patience.

Uh, hows about Direct-2-Drive. Download straight to your computer. Delivery lead time is about 1 hour :). Same price, same quality, no wait! Why sit around waiting for the stores to get their act together? Why stew in your misery while waiting for your shipment, or worse, paying for NEXT DAY delivery? If you have DSL, Cable, or better, why not just DL it?

Is it already available for download?

edit - there's a link for "download," but it say it's a pre-order. WTF?

So, I'll just continue waiting for Amazon, which I'll cancel if it hasn't shipped before it becomes available in stores.

IIRC, Direct2Drive also has to upload their own versions of any patches. I've read a lot of complaints that sometimes that can take days or more after a patch is released. So you might save a day or so on the initial release, but you'll still end up waiting on patches and unforunately while you are waiting, you wont be able to play multiplayer games against folks who have already patched.

Uh, hows about Direct-2-Drive. Download straight to your computer. Delivery lead time is about 1 hour :). Same price, same quality, no wait! Why sit around waiting for the stores to get their act together? Why stew in your misery while waiting for your shipment, or worse, paying for NEXT DAY delivery? If you have DSL, Cable, or better, why not just DL it?

My only gripe is you are definitely second tier priority for patches and may have to wait an extra week or more.

@blitzkrieg1980...

I chose Amazon over Direct2Drive this time because of what happened with Warlords...

My retail Civ 4 and my downloaded Warlords were (apparently) not compatible. I tired everything, and spent way to long on both the Direct2Drive and Firaxis support lines. (never got it to work, ended up buying it at EB)
Didn't want to risk the same frustration with BtS!!

Amazon.com still says it will ship today. Delivery estimate is tomorrow (To FL), as I paid for 1 day Shipping. Of course, it will take another couple of days fo me to get it.

Hrm, Amazon told me it wouldn't ship until the 30th. Guess they ran out of stock. I'll just have to brave traffic and go pick it up at the store tomorrow.

I live about 20 miles from Firaxis... should I go drive over and knock on their front door to request a copy? :)

Really! I'm not much further... I'm in Parkville!

I'm amazed you haven't done so already...

I know I would be tempted, sneak up on the Civ4 team in their cafeteria, plot their way to their favorite Starbucks, get into an 'accidental' chat, beg them out of a game copy ...

If I were going to go to that extreme, I'd go further...

Instead of stalking them for a game, I'd stalk them for a job!!! Now, if only I could Mod.

The thing that makes me want to "throw my hands up like Montezuma" in frustration is that when you ask for the game...it's like Fight Club....No one knows WTF you're talking about! You get that blank stare or "Do I have civilized what?" Even today I went to WalMart and Eb Games and they made it seem as if I was asking for enriched uranium...or as if said "Voldemort" aloud

No! Nobody go to D2D... at least until after 5PM tomorrow! Stay away from D2D!

That should give enough time for me to dl my copy before the bandwidth begins to jam

;)

Really! I'm not much further... I'm in Parkville!

If I were going to go to that extreme, I'd go further...

Instead of stalking them for a game, I'd stalk them for a job!!! Now, if only I could Mod.

I'm in Lutherville. Literally around the corner. I grocery shop there at Wegmans. I keep expecting to see Sid :). I can't go bang on their door now, cuz I'm out of town...

Top Bottom