7/23 BtS release date

Could be a bunch of BS to get some pre-orders (I wouldn't put them past that) but I also think PC games are taking a back seat to console stuff. Why make a special point to overnight a game if they don't know they have at least SOME slathering fanboys waiting outside the door when they open up?
I agree,It's like these stores thinks it's a real pain to sell PC games.But this isn't some strategy game that might sell maybe 1 copy in a store,this is CIV.

my whole gripe with the direct 2 drive is why is it the same price as the package when the company does not have to box it or send you a manual it should be about 10 dollars cheaper to download.

dang, am I the only person that ordered it directly from take2? Still don't have it yet, neither do nearby stores, but hoping its only another day or two.

Just got the call from my pre-order store (EB), saying it should be in before noon tomorrow.
yeah they are also shipping it to over at ebgames.com

All three patches SEEMED to be announced on the same day...but then I was never clear if the Vanilla and Warlords patches were included with BtS EVEN BEFORE the BtS patch.

Apparently when you install BtS it will automatic patch Vanilla and Warlords (if present). This is similar to how Warlords will patch Vanilla to 1.61 when you install it.

:mad: I just called Gamestop and he said it is still showing pre-order status.He told me to come in lay 5 bucks down to reserve it so I can make sure it will show up in the next couple of days.I asked why should I make two trips to get this game.He said there is no guarantee there store will get this game without a pre-order WTF?

They say that for 2 reasons.

1, to cover their asses in case they don't get enough copies to meet demand. Most stores cannot control how many they get. Some can, because they are a bigger store, so they generate more $$$, and so they can control their stock better. For smaller games they sometimes they get only like 2-5. This probably won't happen with BtS, but one can never be sure.

2, to get the $$$ NOW. It's always better to get the $$$ now as opposed to later. It's always possible something happens that the game will not sale once it hits the shelves. Either reviews, a bug, or world event that affects the game (like a terrorism game would have been pulled if it came out on 9/11).

Apparently when you install BtS it will automatic patch Vanilla and Warlords (if present). This is similar to how Warlords will patch Vanilla to 1.61 when you install it.

oh no, that sounds bad, maybe temporarily ruin a few mods I have.

2, to get the $$$ NOW. It's always better to get the $$$ now as opposed to later. It's always possible something happens that the game will not sale once it hits the shelves. Either reviews, a bug, or world event that affects the game (like a terrorism game would have been pulled if it came out on 9/11).

And I have seen FIRST HAND that they, while technically OBLIGATED to give you back your $5 reservation money if you change your mind or get it somewhere else, they will try every trick in their bag to have you apply the $5to some OTHER reservation as opposed to just refunding you.

In my case I'd forgotten all about doing a $5 reservation for Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon months before. I got it at another store. When I was at this Gamestop and they reminded me,

GS Cleark: Hey, we still have your $5 reservation for PMD here.
Me: I guess you can just apply that to the game I'm buying here today then.
GS Clerk: Or I could just put it down as a reservation for Pokemon Diamond...
Me: No, that's okay, I really have no interest in that game.
GS Clerk: Oh really, why not?

(I stood there stunned, since when did I need to justify my desire to NOT reserve a game?).

All three patches SEEMED to be announced on the same day...but then I was never clear if the Vanilla and Warlords patches were included with BtS EVEN BEFORE the BtS patch.

Oh yeah I see your point. I sounds like they are included, and Firaxis just waited until the BTS release to make them available. I guess the real question is when did Stream receive the BTS patch and what is the turnaround time for them to get a patch up?

I have to admit, I really wasn't getting that antsy before, but now that it's down to the wire, I really am! It's partly because I want to test a mod I'm working on, and I don't know whether I should update it for Warlords 2.13 or just wait the couple days for BtS.. hmm

I wish the "release date" meant the date it hit stores... and I'm not just saying that because I wish it were in the store today. I just hate the fact that I'll be waiting and counting down the days for a game's release and I'll have to be constantly reminding myself that it's going to be at least until the day after the release date before I'll get it....

It's like running downstairs on the morning of December 25th and being greeted by some pimpe-faced teenager in a tacky uniform that they're sorry for the inconvenience but Christmas has just been shipped from the warehouse and won't be here until tomorrow.

Whoo. Forget driving, I'll just download it from Steam. Seems fast enough. Maybe 2% a minute? Ehh.

God, I love Valve.

...er, 613.7 KB/s. That's quite a bit faster than my usual downloads. Cool beans.

Well just for the heck of it, I went to a few EB games, BestBuy and Future Shop locations (West-end of Toronto here for anyone else nearby who reads) and none of them had the game arrive today, but all said they will be getting it by noon tomorrow - Tuesday the 24th.

If anyone in my area happens by chance to read this and found otherwise, do let me know :lol:

-AM-

I'm glad to hear this. I'm in Ottawa, so I'm hoping my local EB (where I already put $5 down on it) will have it tomorrow as well.

I called EBGamestop's customer service. The rep on the other end said that their current allocation of BtS is in the process of being prepared for shipment, which should go out some time tonight. I expect to get up tomorrow to see an email notification of the shipment and tracking number. Business as usual for them.

Whoo. Forget driving, I'll just download it from Steam. Seems fast enough. Maybe 2% a minute? Ehh.

God, I love Valve.

...er, 613.7 KB/s. That's quite a bit faster than my usual downloads. Cool beans.

Hmm I thought about doing that, but neither Steam nor Direct2Drive release it today. Both state tomorrow. Ah well, I'd much rather have a CD and a manual.

I ordered on-line and next day shipping. My game has been billed and is being shipped as of 8:26pm EST today. So I should get it tomorrow afternoon. This means it should arrive at your stores tomorrow afternoon and be on shelves by evening. good luck.

Yeah! No clue if somebody else posted this info but its a good sign in my book. Look here:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=647031

Does it still say "Pre-Order"? No it does not. So THEY (Gamestop/EB Games) have the game in their master warehouse at least.

Will they TRULY overnight it to get to your local shop tomorrow? Hopefully.

I recieved no call from EB.:( I pre-paid in full so I will be there early afternoon, which they suggested at the time of my pre-order.

Me neither but maybe they don't do this for low priority PC titles? Like it has to at least be over $30 for them to have it register?

Well just for the heck of it, I went to a few EB games, BestBuy and Future Shop locations (West-end of Toronto here for anyone else nearby who reads) and none of them had the game arrive today, but all said they will be getting it by noon tomorrow - Tuesday the 24th.

If anyone in my area happens by chance to read this and found otherwise, do let me know :lol:

-AM-

Hey alexmatusiak .... did the exact same thing :) I'm near mississauga, stopped @ EB games, Best Buy, Future Shop, even tried staples ! Nothing !

I was shocked to see in FutureShop at the front of the store they have a "future release date" poster, and BTS showed up as 28th !!! Clerk @ EB games said tomorrow, so I think I'll call and see if it's in .... let me know if you find it tomorrow, I'll do the same !

Top Bottom