[Vote] (7-43) Remove Notification when a City Starts WLTKD

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

axatin

Prince
Proposal: The notification on the right-hand side "City X loves the king" is removed.

Rationale: It's unnecessary. If the player has just acquired the resource, they know that and don't need an extra notification. If WLTKD is continued after another one has ended, nothing changes for the player. There are too many unimportant items in the notification sidebar, some should be removed to increase readability.

There are currently two notifications that show a resource in the preview: The notification "City X loves the king" and the notification "City X demands resource Y to start WLTKD". If the former one is removed, it's immediately clear from the preview what the notification means.

Screenshot (589).png

no issue from me on removal, I agree there has never been a case when that notification has really helped me

There's the niche case where you've been planning to settle a city/buy a tile to get the needed luxury, but you accidentally get it from allying a CS and don't notice, so you go for the plan.

The notification mod is only about instant yield notifications.

I disagree on removing notifications that may have a use, even if rarely.
This fits better on a modmod (or mod integrated into VP).

If (when) this and/or 7-44 passes, please make it possible to bring the notification(s) back by some easy-to-edit toggle in CommunityOptions.sql or elsewhere.

Top Bottom