A couple of questions

krolac

Chieftain
Hey again, I'm working on a mod and have a couple of questions that I hope you could help me with to point me in the right way. I'm probably in a little over my head but want to learn more.

1. I want to change the Ottoman UA to this: Gain a free Spearman in a city when a Barracks is built there. Gain a free Longswordsman when an Armory is built, and so on for some more buildings. Would the best way to do this be to give the Ottomans unique Barracks, Armories, etc via the Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides table (basically just copying the original building) and for those unique versions grant a free unit via the Building_FreeUnits table? Would such free units start with the correct number of XP according to existing buildings in that specific city?

2. I want to change the Arab UA into a Jihad-like: If you have started a religion, your units gain 15% combat strength versus all civilizations that also started a religion. I think this could be done with a Lua script using the Player:HasCreatedReligion() method, and then having two separate promotions, one with the bonus and one without, that switches on and off when attacking units depending on the religious status of the opponent. The problem is that I don't think there is any suitable Event to add such a function to? As a plan-B, I could maybe use the PlayerDoTurn GameEvent and simply grant all units the +15% promotion if the Arabs is at war with another Civ that founded a religion, but that would give the bonus also versus another civ (whether it has found a religion or not) also at war with the Arabs as a side effect. Do you have any better ideas how to implement a similar function?

3. I want to give the Greeks an Odeon building that replaces the Amphitheatre. It would grant +1 culture to the city for each Odeon in the empire. Not really sure how I would to this? Could it be done with "invisible buildings", each granting 1 Culture, and then adding more of them to all cities with a Lua script?

4. This is a more general question, is there any good reference on how you can modify Tourism since it works so differently from all other yields? This site has lots of good tutorials and references for us newbies, but most of them seem pretty old (before BNW). I would like something like a "can and cannot do with Tourism" overview.

Appreciate all help!

Top Bottom