A few modding questions and a unit request

JuuL

Creator of
:wavey: Hi. I've been working on a C3C version of my mod and it's almost finished. But before I can finally complete it, I have some questions.
1) I'm not using the newest version of C3C and I want to update it. Is there any danger of damaging my mod when upgrading? Should I make a backup of my mod? Are there any rule changes in the newest version that I should be aware of?
2) I read some thread a few weeks ago about special letters (like æ, ø and å... or maybe even accented letters like á) being a problem in file names. Is it?
3) When reading a thread a few days ago about some wonder effects, I read that "increases chance of leader appearance" is not cumulative, so I have to make some changes to my mod. But I would like to know if it can be made obsolete (some effects can't be obsolete).

Now that I'm making a new thread anyway, I would like to request this unit. Its a 17th century European partisan - I need it for my mod.

Attachments

• snaphane.bmp
    388.7 KB · Views: 130
JuuL said:
:wavey: Hi. I've been working on a C3C version of my mod and it's almost finished. But before I can finally complete it, I have some questions.
1) I'm not using the newest version of C3C and I want to update it. Is there any danger of damaging my mod when upgrading? Should I make a backup of my mod? Are there any rule changes in the newest version that I should be aware of?
2) I read some thread a few weeks ago about special letters (like æ, ø and å... or maybe even accented letters like á) being a problem in file names. Is it?
3) When reading a thread a few days ago about some wonder effects, I read that "increases chance of leader appearance" is not cumulative, so I have to make some changes to my mod. But I would like to know if it can be made obsolete (some effects can't be obsolete).

Now that I'm making a new thread anyway, I would like to request this unit. Its a 17th century European partisan - I need it for my mod.
the most recent patch shouldn't adversely effect your mod.

i've experienced some weird results when i add in some accent characters. i'd leave them out just to be safe. the civ engine has a hard time digesting them.

you can make those effects obsolete by either a tech that makes the improvement obsolete or the improvement could be 'replaced' by another.

JuuL said:
Are you sure that they can become obsolete? Not all effects can (like the "Treasuary earns 5%" effect... I made a GW with that effect which was supposed to become obsolete after a certain tech was discovered, but after I discovered taht tech, I still got the money)
iirc, great wonders can become obsolete after a certain designated tech is learned. this can't be done w/ sm wonders. the other option is to flag it so that it is 'replaced' by a certain improvement/wonder. thedre's a flag for it at the bottom of the editor screen for the improvement/wonders. i don't know if this answers your question but these methods have worked for me in the past.

Hey Juul, have you seen Kinboats Man-at-Arms unit? It's not identical to the picture, but it looks like a 17th century European partisan withg a flintlock and a sword, and a beard and cap.
@Justo: Are you sure that SW can't become obsolete? It says they can in the editor, but I don't believe I've ever tried. But I do know they can be gov't specific, if that helps.

I've got improvements and small wonders that become obsolete in Anno Domini. The Conquests editor specifically has the obsolete command in a section headed "improvements, small and great wonders;" however, in Vanilla Civ 3, it was only great wonders that could be rendered obsolete. I'm not sure about PTW.

Top Bottom