a few questions

thadian

Kami of Awakened Dreamers
1: When cities spawn, and their names are selected, what happens if more than one civ has the same city name/similarity?

2: When a civ spawns, you said it will be random where - will they be just as likely to spawn in isolation and not flip anything? Do they have a bigger chance of spawning by historical neighbors?

3: When liberating areas, can they colonize a civ, or will they just become independant?

4: When the map is spawned, how are the "native" and "independant" civ's handled? what about "non-civ" civ's like Byzantine?

5: Have you made changes to what happens if you refuse to flip over? (i ask because the ammount saying no screws you kinda sucks)

6: I found something i think is a bug. When a civ "spawns" if your clever, when you get that popup, can you still see it in your "civ screen" before they settle? Sometimes, when i saw it, i have been able to gift them ALL my techs availible - then take over this new civ that just got a load of free techs.

7: Are there any unique or new random events? With all the independant states, i would hope they have a few events oriented around them.

8: Are the civ spawns predetermined when the game starts or when it actually spawns? What dictates what resources spawn where?

9: Have you taken my advice and become the project manager for Civ 5 yet?

Apologies if I'm stepping on your toes, Rhye :)

1: When cities spawn, and their names are selected, what happens if more than one civ has the same city name/similarity?

Identical cities are assigned to one Civ and one Civ only. See the Preview #2 thread. For example: Beijing can only be founded by the Chinese. The Mongols will never found Khanbaliq.

2: When a civ spawns, you said it will be random where - will they be just as likely to spawn in isolation and not flip anything? Do they have a bigger chance of spawning by historical neighbors?

This depends on whether you pick High, Medium or Low Earth-Likeliness. See Preview #4.

3: When liberating areas, can they colonize a civ, or will they just become independant?

There will be no additional civs in the game, so my *guess* is independent.

4: When the map is spawned, how are the "native" and "independant" civ's handled? what about "non-civ" civ's like Byzantine?

No idea, sorry.

5: Have you made changes to what happens if you refuse to flip over? (i ask because the ammount saying no screws you kinda sucks)

My *guess*: No.

6: I found something i think is a bug. When a civ "spawns" if your clever, when you get that popup, can you still see it in your "civ screen" before they settle? Sometimes, when i saw it, i have been able to gift them ALL my techs availible - then take over this new civ that just got a load of free techs.

My *opinion*: That's not a bug, that's cheating :D

7: Are there any unique or new random events? With all the independant states, i would hope they have a few events oriented around them.

8: Are the civ spawns predetermined when the game starts or when it actually spawns? What dictates what resources spawn where?

9: Have you taken my advice and become the project manager for Civ 5 yet?

No idea, sorry.

Thank you Al-Iskander, I always appreciate someone who helps me keeping updated with the new posts.

Something I should add:

2- yes there's a bigger chance of spawning close to historical neighbours. However, in low likeliness, if Rome and Spain end up in different continents, you can't be sure of which one of the two will be where France spawns

4- natives appear like celts and barbarians. Independent cities work the same (left there from ruins of fallen civs)

6- yeah that's cheating. But maybe I can do something about it. I'll put this on the to-do list for regular RFC

7- no

8- no, the spawn point is decided at the exact moment they show up. However, in smaller world size, which civs will be in the game is set at the beginning

9- anything about Civ5 or other products is something you should ask to Firaxis. I'm even currently out of their group of testers

What i mean about the independent cities is that in RFC they are pre-placed at the begining of the game (some of them anyway).

Will there be any pre-placed in this as well?

I hope the Vikings get a boost in random. They never get to shine in RFC. :(

Does this mean there will absolutely be no independent cities at start or spawning "somewhere" sometimes. I mean there are many cities in "Real Life" that make sense and all (from Hattusas to Jerusalem to Mediolanum to Samarkand to Singapura) and I just feel that the RAND world will feel empty without any city there just to be conquered?

Of course it's difficult to say that and You having 'played' the mod already perhaps know better, Rhye?

im sure that we will all be just as happy with your new program as we are the old one, except with one thing: There will be more options and outcomes due to more interactions and diversity in what can happen, where and when. This alone will solve any of the problems in RFC, so i think the only thing you will need to add is more future expansions/scenarios.

I will complain and flame your forums like an 8 year old kid if you ever post:

"I, Rhye, am done with this and will never make a program. Even more, i have taken down all of my content, to assure you will never enjoy it again."

Other than that, i know we will all love it, but i saw for Civ2, you had an Ultima expansion.

Well, to be blunt, as a fellow ultima fan - i want another one, ok? ^.-

no no - i was looking at Rhye Mods and saw your Civ2 UO mod for T2A (i used to play back then) and i saw the Ultima X Mod but its for warlords which i don't care to buy just for that and total realism.

8- no, the spawn point is decided at the exact moment they show up. However, in smaller world size, which civs will be in the game is set at the beginning

Does this mean I can get a different spawn point when loading an auto-save a few turns before spawning? (given the "new random seed" option of course)
I tried to get some of the AI civs to spawn somewhere else this way, but they wouldn't. Always the exact same location. But maybe there was only one suitable spot.

Apparently not... I always get the same spawn point when reloading. I'd have guessed they're calculated at start.

Try turning a spawn/flip area into water in the WB. If the new civ has moved then spawn points aren't decided at the start.

I've tested this, and it seems that
(1) the location is determined at spawn time (Because they sometimes spawned at points that were only made possible by my "corrections" in the WB).
(2) there is no randomness involved in choosing the location. There is always The Best Location, and if you turn that into a mountain or ocean the turn before, they choose the second best location.
(3) possibly if you destroy all their possible spawn locations, and there is none left, they won't spawn at all.
(4) all this doesn't give you any possibility to make your own guys spawn somewhere else ;-)

I assume it is always the best available location with no city there? I have certainly seen some spawn locations that are very boxed in. Especially with the Euro civs.

Top Bottom