A few Questions

Buckfan328

Chieftain
Hi, I am playing the RTW mod version that comes with the most recent BTS patch and I have a couple of questions. I am playing as France 1939 start.

1.) It is now October of 1940 and the germans have only thrown a few units at me. I played once as the French on the pre-patch RTW and they hurled a massive invasion force at me which overwhelmed my defenses. In this version the deluge of units is a mere trickle. I am playing on Noble difficulty. Is there something wrong with this version or what is going on? I mean I made some improvements from my experience the last time through but seriously I am barely even having to fight for the low countries.

2.) The only thing that keeps stalling my offensives is the fact that the italians (who I am attempting to push out of North Africa keep hurling literally their entire air force at my attack stack. The last time I dealt with this by holing up in the captured cities and rushing an aircraft shelter (or whatever it is called) but I don't seem to be able to build them in this version? Any suggestions on how to deal with this, obviously I am not going to be able to match their air force for some time yet.

3.) Do anti-air guns actually work? I am convinced that in the pre-patch version they did not as I had dozens of them and they never intercepted or even damaged a single enemy fighter. This has made me reluctant to invest in them in the current version of the game and the few I have built have been wiped out almost immediately by enemy air attacks and with the millions of messages totalling bombardment damage scrolling at the top of my screen endlessly it is hard to see if they did anything before being destroyed.

Thanks in advance,

Buckfan

1.)Germany is now very reluctant to attack France until almost after the US joins the Allies.
2.)Push all of your fighters in North Africa and set them to Intercept and Fighter Engagement Missions(Ant-air guns work sometimes)(At the beginning, build up a large amount of fighters).
3.)Anti-air guns work(as I said, sometimes), but they just don't seem to cut it.

1.)Germany is now very reluctant to attack France until almost after the US joins the Allies.
2.)Push all of your fighters in North Africa and set them to Intercept and Fighter Engagement Missions(Ant-air guns work sometimes)(At the beginning, build up a large amount of fighters).
3.)Anti-air guns work(as I said, sometimes), but they just don't seem to cut it.

I've found that AA guns work best in pairs. Preferably with friendly fighters near by. This is because, as you said... sometimes.
F

Top Bottom