A huge request for water-barbarians/pirates!!

Snerk

Smeghead
I've asked for this before but that was before the release of the SDK, so im trying my luck again.
One thing i miss in Civ4 is the appearence of pirates on ocean tiles in the fog of war just like land barbs would appear on land tiles.
I know barbs sometimes make ships but these are often few and far between.
I'm talking about barbarian ships with no attachment any city who behave just like land barbs would,
they would appear and attack your navy and pillage your coast.
Please can somebody make such a Mod. It would be so awesome! And if any has made it.. show me!
(The barbatian decal as their sails would be smashing!)

regards,

Pete

I would vote this request up, too.

If no one else can get to this, and I get my hands on Visual Studio 2003, I might try my hand as well.

can you make it, that they will relese land units when at coast to pillage your cities.
i would make some high quality pirate units if someone could make that possible!!

seZereth said:
can you make it, that they will relese land units when at coast to pillage your cities.
i would make some high quality pirate units if someone could make that possible!!

Yes that would be sweet indeed but we first need a piratship unit to work as a water barbarian..

NikG, are you still going to try to make one?

If not, can somebody else give it a try!?

If someone can point me to a good picture of a pirate ship, I'll make one. I've been thinking of getting into sailing ships, but so far haven't had the need yet.

R!

AR!

An on a more serious note:

I've seen barbarian ships before. But I think it was only because a barbarian city built the ship. That in and of itself is a rather cool idea... sort of a Barbary Pirates kinda thing.

NikG said:
I am still in to make barbarian spawn pirate ships to raid cities ...

Brilliant! It seems like the thing to do is just to make the barbarians spawn ships in the fog of war in ocean tiles. Then we need them to act like, well barbarians, and last we need one or more art files of a pirat ship. Now i would make this myself if it werent for the fact that my modding skills is non exsistant. So i have no idea about how difficult or not it is to make the idea in the first post happen. But NikG you seem to have some skilles with SDK hopefully you'll manage it. Post and let me know how it goes... Perhaps soneone else will do the moddeling of a pirate ship? Snafusmith you mention it?

Sid Meier's Pirates! uses the same file types as Civ4, I think if someone would get the nif, the dds and the kf files of some of the pirate ships of the game you could have what you want. Can someone confirm this??

How does this look???;)
(Taken Directly from NifView- Pirates! treasure ship)
1.jpg

how did the "pirate" ships off the coast of somilia look like...the on that the US navy ships seen and fired at...maybe there should be moden pirates too

Karam said:
How does this look???;)
(Taken Directly from NifView- Pirates! treasure ship)
View attachment 127486

That would be perfect!!

Spartan117 said:
how did the "pirate" ships off the coast of somilia look like...the on that the US navy ships seen and fired at...maybe there should be moden pirates too

Good idea!:goodjob: , first appearing pirates could be a sort of galley, like some type of viking raiders look-a-likes. Next type appearing could be more of a classic type of pirates in galleons or frigates. Then in modern time the water barbarian ships appearing in the fog of war would be like Spartan117 mentioned above more modern type of pirates in speedboats doing more hit and run attacks on vessels, and stealing values from it.

...just need someone with the know-how to make the unit-arts and the sdk coding..:sad:

Top Bottom