[LP] A Message from Aspyr Re: the Leader Pass

That is disappointing. May have to set up a Windows system. I kind of want to try out the new abilities without waiting a couple of months.

1674169416377.png

We're working with our partners, as in, "it's entirely their fault, and we'll tag them in this tweet just so there's no confusion as to who is to blame for this whole mess" :p

I wonder how involved Firaxis was in pressuring Aspyr to release that public statement. "And do not mention us anywhere in that statement!" That's how I'm choosing to imagine it.
---

But seriously, the statement doesn't even make sense. They need to delay it to "ensure quality" of the packs, but they'll be using the "extra time" to address issues reported by the players. ?:shifty:?

What extra time?? Isn't the whole point that you need the extra time to fix whatever issues are causing a delay in the release?

And how is there extra time if the final release date is still the same? More time for Rulers of China probably means less time for the other packs, no?

The whole "fixing issues reported by the players" is probably a lie, or most likely, just technically true (as in, they'd be doing that stuff anyway as part of, you know, their job).

View attachment 651322

We're working with our partners, as in, "it's entirely their fault, and we'll tag them in this tweet just so there's no confusion as to who is to blame for this whole mess" :p

I wonder how involved Firaxis was in pressuring Aspyr to release that public statement. "And do not mention us anywhere in that statement!" That's how I'm choosing to imagine it.
---

But seriously, the statement doesn't even make sense. They need to delay it to "ensure quality" of the packs, but they'll be using the "extra time" to address issues reported by the players. ?:shifty:?

What extra time?? Isn't the whole point that you need the extra time to fix whatever issues are causing a delay in the release?

And how is there extra time if the final release date is still the same? More time for Rulers of China probably means less time for the other packs, no?

The whole "fixing issues reported by the players" is probably a lie, or most likely, just technically true (as in, they'd be doing that stuff anyway as part of, you know, their job).
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here re: "fixing issues reported by players". I play on a Mac and have had graphics issues since downloading the first Leader Pass update. Numerous other Mac users have reported similar things so I imagine that is what they are focused on. ... At least, hopefully!

I recently upgrade to Big Sur and the civ 6 stops responding for minutes at a time from the begging of the game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

"Issues reported by the Civ VI community on Mac and iOS" -- I don't find it surprising at all that Aspyr would have a community for testing, perhaps even a committed closed beta group that tests the weekly builds (or even more often). Since they're delaying three packs, they must have encountered some tricky-to-resolve bugs.

Here is very plausible explanation to the whole mess.
Maybe? I thought they also having to scrap the Kotor remake they were working on, and it sort of seemed all their console development stopped entirely.

Maybe? I thought they also having to scrap the Kotor remake they were working on, and it sort of seemed all their console development stopped entirely.
Yeah, Aspyr has had enough issues over the past couple of years, including the last couple of NFP updates and the aforementioned KoTR bug, to explain why they're delaying the Leader Pass without having to invent a conspiracy. It also doesn't make a lot of sense for Firaxis to make an entire DLC just to get Aspyr to fix, an admittedly major, X-Box bug.

For me on Mac, the last leader update added (or made more common) a bug where the interface disappears. Interestingly, and this is new for me, it does so systematically, so while re-loading gets the interface back, it then disappears again at the same time/event.

So it’s kinda pointless adding leaders until that is fixed.

Last edited:
What an unmitigated disaster. *Ugh*

The iPad version is a buggy mess and now we have to wait a couple of months?

Someone needs to be tarred and feathered.

Considering that new leaders are not using any new mechanics couldn't we straight up copy sql definitions and assets from windows copy to mac?

For me on Mac, the last leader update added (or made more common) a bug where the interface disappears. Interestingly, and this is new for me, it does so systematically, so while re-loading gets the interface back, it then disappears again at the same time/event.

So it’s kinda pointless adding leaders until that is fixed.
Aaaaaaand that bug is still there.

Top Bottom