[LP] Leader Pass Pack 4: Rulers of the Sahara Revealed (Coming Feb. 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still looks like leather to me, especially in the bodice. She looks like she's about to join Commodus in the Colosseum.
I think it's supposed to be silk, but they made it look too rigid.

Doth my heart dare to hope? That the reason the Spotlights began on Friday is to allow room in the marketing sequence for the First Look to resume its place of prominence on Tuesday?

I tremble to think of it!

Doth my heart dare to hope? That the reason the Spotlights began on Friday is to allow room in the marketing sequence for the First Look to resume its place of prominence on Tuesday?

First looks and/or a livestream, hopefully. :please:

I expect nothing. In a semi related note, I just noticed Civ's Cleo looks like the Alexa Demie. Given that she is a vampire it's quite possible she was Cleopatra herself.

Fingers crossed for a livestream...featuring surprise bonus leader...Napoléon Bonaparte of Egypt! :egypt:
I think you meant surprise leader Julius Caesar Ides of March Persona. :p The livestream will not feature any other new leaders, just the Caesar model we already have with the same ability but with a giant knife sticking out of his back. :p

I legit wonder if they are just using this to train new devs for Civ7 lol
I'm very late to this but I just want to push back on it a tad.

As a software developer who's spent a decade progessing through various tech stacks in my job, I can categorically say training new hires on old tech would be one of the least useful things you can do :p

I know the "junior dev" trope is a very popular one, but that's a whole other topic!

It still looks like leather to me, especially in the bodice. She looks like she's about to join Commodus in the Colosseum.
I can definitely see how this (the top half) looks like leather, but I just think that's how various materials look in (leaders in) Civ 6. I have a lot of time for the art style in this game, but in cases like this it does work against the end result.

Of course, an alternative explanation is "proper silk would hug the body in very specific ways" which, ah, they also might want to be avoiding.

Of course, the alternative is "proper silk would hug the body in very specific ways" which, ah, they also might want to be avoiding.
This is true. See also my comment about why Ramesses is wearing cotton not sheer linen. :p But yeah, it does look more like fabric now that I've seen it in motion. I still didn't want a second round of Egyptian fantasy clothes, but it doesn't look as bad as it did in the stills. :p

They haven't announced it in Twitter yet, but on YouTube side it shows that tomorrow there is a livestream. Title contains word "update." Fingers crossed it means there will be patch with the pack.

1676312676296.png

The stream is earlier than last time.

Rulers of the Sahara Game Update. Like Kjimmet mentioned. When was the last time we saw "game update" being used? I hope it's meaningful.

So I am right, it does feel early.

There's a life stream announced for tommorow. So maybe.

View attachment 653800

The stream is earlier than last time.

Rulers of the Sahara Game Update. Like Kjimmet mentioned. When was the last time we saw "game update" being used? I hope it's meaningful.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!!! :D

Nice! This pleases me.

Edit: Of course, I have a meeting with an advisor planned for that time, then lunch with my wife. So, I will have to read the thread afterwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom