[GS] A Mod to catch up in Science

Noxempire

Chieftain
So I don't know how necessary this is, but hear me out.

Me and my friends always play very long games and use mods to extent eras and the tech tree as much as we can. We always try to create interesting scenarios, wars and RP a lot. More comparable to Total War I guess?

But this sometimes results in Science Snowballing becoming a big problem, especially in terms of science. Sometimes some of our players (especially the newer ones) tend to fall behind in the tech tree sometimes one or two eras behind. Science is basically the sole meta now in our games, since we tend to play without score or culture victory. If someone is too ahead in science he basically already won and the game is over.

My request would be:

- A mod that makes it easier for players to catch up. Some kind of formular that makes research cheaper and faster for those behind.

- or: A Mod that reduces the cost of a technology based on the amount how player have researched it, probably not starting in the beginning since it would be kinda broken I guess

- or: A mod that increases science output if you are behind 100 points or more, the bonus becoming more and more, the more you are behind

I've already tried out the mod "wide Science penalty" that one didn't really worked out, since that just nerfed city spamming/AI Rush, and made our "better Players" who are better at city planning/ tall building even stronger.

I have my fair share of experience in creating personal mods, but I am very bad at scripting and most of my stuff is made from templates. I hope this is the correct place for ask for this.

~Nox

Top Bottom