A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure II

Care to explain why you think so low of Permanent Alliances?

Care to explain why you think so low of Permanent Alliances?

Being entirely befuddled why you would give them a second thought, I had to go and check I didn't hallucinate the total lack of rules I recall this option having. And there are rules. So that's nice. Except for my poor brain which seems to be gaslit every other month by some shenanigans.

Those rules appear to be expressive, so I take back what I said.

... was there a time when PAs were just one player surrendering? Christ. I am not used to conflation.

Civvers,

After reflecting about the options of our game, and considering all your arguments (all arguments are strong), I decided to keep me faithful to the original idea!:mischief:

Sorry, if you dislike some options. The opinions was not unanimous, so, would be difficult satisfy everyone.:sad:

I hope all you understand and support my decisions! I hope, also, that we have a very interesting game, with hours of fun!:)

Thank you everyone for the interest and patience!:)

So, after those words, I believe we are ready to start!:D

To do that, please, repeat the (updated) steps 8 to 11 of the installation procedure, described in the first post.

Notify me if everything runs ok.

Actualized Table:

Join the game in PBEM Tracker Site:

Game: A New Dawn on Earth and the Space Adventure
Password: alpha

But no one actually disagreed about what settings to use. Imp Knoedel questioned what problem I had with Permanent Alliance and Hercules is the only guy who outstanding says he did or did not want it (he doesn't want it).

Both you and Alvarez want resource depletion, I don't want defender withdraw, I back you in wanting Battlefield Promotions out, and no one else said anything mattered, so that's one disagreement - if I'm right to assume Imp Knoedel wants PAs on.

We're going to test the duplicated folder, right? I don't know too much about how Civ IV runs its multiplayer and its mods, I was just pointing out what seemed to be relevant and might be missed. If there is not a technical expertise on it among you, certainly don't take me for having any.
I can test the PBEM after I try again to make some Civ V conversion mods work today.

OK! I did the revised test files. Needed to edit my BUG menu but I did get it to work. And yes, I have a single player version of the mod ready to go - I've been playing it non-stop the last couple days! Its a very sweet mod, looking forward to getting started!

I'm all good here.

And I don't care about the options, its the hosts choice as far as I'm concerned.

When I load the Test game, defender withdraw is enabled and Resource depletion is disabled and Battlefield Promotions are enabled.

And my single player screen doesn't give me a Water Tiles box, and there's a "Mercy Rule" box in the right panel. I don't know why I load different settings. edit: oh maybe this is something that Force Game Options can fix, let me try something.

edit: ok it's not XML, but you can't change the ini files because if you save them all the whitespace gets destroyed and then it doesn't parse.
?!?!?!

edit2: Wel, I'm still befuddled by my .ini files, but I know how to change the settings now. I can confirm in a few hours.

Good, Nighthawk and Alvarez!

Horseshoe_Hermi, did you have any progress with the settings?

Actualized table:

When I load the Test game, defender withdraw is enabled and Resource depletion is disabled and Battlefield Promotions are enabled.

And my single player screen doesn't give me a Water Tiles box, and there's a "Mercy Rule" box in the right panel. I don't know why I load different settings. edit: oh maybe this is something that Force Game Options can fix, let me try something.

edit: ok it's not XML, but you can't change the ini files because if you save them all the whitespace gets destroyed and then it doesn't parse.
?!?!?!

edit2: Wel, I'm still befuddled by my .ini files, but I know how to change the settings now. I can confirm in a few hours.

ok my setup is kajiggered to work. :religion:

Some of those options are "single player only" options while the rest are multiplayer options. I was confused too, but when you go to load the multiplayer game, those single player options are just not there. So those basically don't matter. As long as your options that are highlighted are the same we will all be on the same page.

Looking forward to getting started!

Checking the Pbem site, I realized that one unknown player joined to the game (nick: Mandritto). But he didn't participate of the discussions about our game, and I didn't find his name in Civfanatics site! There is any way to cut him of our game in Pbem tracker site?

This is why you normally secure your game with a password.

Had a busy weekend, I'll take care of it on Wednesday.

Well I seem to have got the BUG settings adjusted and the test game opened with no errors

Top Bottom