A Question about............Fish!

Horus II

Chieftain
Ok, I have been playing for a few weeks now after getting the game from a friend............(of course he couldn't find the incredibly important, "Handbook") It is a great game, but I usually only play on Chieften level so I can learn, "In game".

My question, I know it says to build roads to resources like fish and whales, but how in the heck to you build a road out to the water? What simple thing am I missing?

Fish, and whales, are bonus resources. You get extra food in those tiles.

No road is necessary, and a harbor will increase the bonuses.

You can but the book at most game stores. :)

Thanks,

I was reading through the big booklet in Best Buy the other day. I think I'll just spring for it............:D

I'd recommend buying a new copy so you can get the PTW expansion and teach your friend not to lose the manual by crushing his civ! :)

Actually, the one that comes with the game is far outdated. Look on the forums (and the civ3 links on the main page). You can't build roads in the ocean unless you changed things in the editor. (I did it once - not sure what you have to do. Something with the terrain).

Originally posted by xavitor
If you connect a road to a fish does it allow you to build fish'n'chips shops? :)
Only if you mod the wheat tile to be potatoes!

But if I lose the wheat what'll they make the batter out of?!
Perhaps there should be a new ship that allows you to park on whale resources and returns commerce to the controlling nation then after 20 turns the whales disappear. The only way to stop them without declaring war can be another ship, greenpeace! :)

This looks like some good additions to the fake newbie questions thread in the Humor forum. :lol:

calm down Lt. Killer M. they are young and innocent let them stay a while b4 they are afraid of u ;)

Well Killer, hate to bother you with questions.........here's an idea, if you don't like answering questions............try not responding...PERIOD! You waste my time and everyone elses with your "testicle flashing"!

I did a search and read through the first 3 pages of both the FAQ and Noobs thread because every forum has a jack@ss like you in it. (Didn't find an answer.....hence the post asking a question. This is a public forum.....right?)

I'm 31 and not getting any younger no matter how many games I play.........(dangit!)

Horus II: calm the Fu*k down! Your post sounds suspiciously like you do not own a legal version of the game (owning in the sense of 'being in posession of').

Obviously, you cannot distinguish between bonus and strategic and luxury resources - well - you have the ingame civilopedia to check out, you can read the FAQ and find the link to to strategy forum there, you could

for ****s sake ask your question in the newbie Qs thread! You said you read it - why didn't you ****in post there?????????

I am always willing to help - but in a case like yours......

Horus II: The manual is on the CD that you got from your friend. And you do have the CD, right?

Yeah, but that manual is as about as informative as my son explaining Chemistry to me.

Does it really matter where I post? It's a freaking public forum. It's a basic post that could have been ignored. I got my answer with the first post...............................ok

As for the jabs at illegal copies...........why is that always the first angle people take? Would you feel better if I had a pic of my cd and Civ III box in my signature? (Pretty cool box too. Just wish my buddy hadn't crushed the thing 20 times since he got it!)

:cry:

P.S - I see that Killer has some excellent links in his sig, just wish he would have posted, "Here are some links." Instead of the other.........that's all.......no hard feelings.:goodjob:

Top Bottom