A question of scale

zoommooz

Warlord
Just trying to iron out my own mod preferences for AND, and I really like the scale of the units that Hitm uses. So after a little xml searching it seems that the comparative scale for perople (works, warriors infantry etc) is .46 (AND) to .33(Hitm). Now I tried to mod the numbers in the art_defines xml, which, as there are A LOT of units, took some time. However, when trying to load AND, I got an error for each of the units I tried to modify. The only line that I changed for each unit was the f1scale......f1scale line. AAny idea on what I might have missed?

Just trying to iron out my own mod preferences for AND, and I really like the scale of the units that Hitm uses. So after a little xml searching it seems that the comparative scale for perople (works, warriors infantry etc) is .46 (AND) to .33(Hitm). Now I tried to mod the numbers in the art_defines xml, which, as there are A LOT of units, took some time. However, when trying to load AND, I got an error for each of the units I tried to modify. The only line that I changed for each unit was the f1scale......f1scale line. AAny idea on what I might have missed?

Could you please:

Upload your changed XML file
Post a Screenshot

Thanks.

I've played with scale before too, but it's worked fine for me in the past. I need to see your changes in order to help you.

Thanks for the help, but I have already soved the problem. In addition to modding the scale xml I also changed the navy seal to be a replacement for the modern marine, and in doing so deleted the upgrade path for this unit. Turn out the the upgrade path tag (now a single line) need a / at the end, or the entire game would not load. On a side note Afforess so far so good with your 1.60beta 3 in terms of balance (well done), still cannot reload a saved game however (MAF) only if a start a fresh load of the game.

Cheers

Top Bottom