A Sudden Departure?

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
It's been almost two years has it now since I joined this community. I've seen how Vox Populi developed hugely over time. We went from a community of a couple of tens to a couple of hundreds.

We have expanded the game to no man's land by reintroducing Civ 4's concepts into the game, reworked happiness, and balanced the gameplay to a large aspect of watching the AI being able to give you a great challenge.

However my interest in modding has faded due to a lack of time. I'm giving a five week's notice about what essentially will happen to my contributions to the community in term of priority.

1. Update World Congress Reformation with the intended changes. ETA: 3 Valve days
    • Take a look at all the tooltips and add the changes intended to buff SoI and Decolonization.
  2. Release a radicalized version of Civics and Reform. ETA: 1 Valve week
    • I gave a handicap to the AI when they chose civics because they were able to freely switch them at certain turn intervals depending on the best situation. The player had little clue on when to switch and switched when they felt the opportunity was best. This was taken into consideration when making the new balanced civics.
  3. Release Version 2 of Unique City-States: ETA: 1.5 Valve weeks
    • There were always new city-states in the process of completed and just needed to be refined now.
  4. Release Western Revolution ETA: 1.5 2.5 Valve weeks
    • This mod will make industrial era such a revelation of wars and peace to come. AIs are encouraged to build forts and citadels near their borders. Their culture strengthens instead of stagnating to a cultural victory with the "Westernization" process. Railroads become such a vast improvement that they are worth more than its maintenance. Afterall nations who didn't westernize soon fell to the power of the westernized nations.
  5. Release Vox Populi Pirates ETA: 3 4 Valve weeks
    • This has been long overdue and had to be released within the deadline.
  6. Integration of Events into VP directly. ETA: 4 5 Valve weeks
    • I promised some events that were made, but were never pushed through. I should probably push them through.
  7. Fixing E&D ETA: 4 5 Valve weeks
    • There was an issue where you had some nice E&D events and you couldn't unlock them because you didn't like E&D or something. I did some balance fixes and changes while moving the E&D events to the Community Events.
  8. Introduce Civilization Events to all the Compatible Civilizations and fix the Canton Pirates. ETA: 5 6 Valve weeks
  9. Some guy made a suggestion to add one more of the compatible civ that I liked so I might do it if I have time at the end of the 5 weeks period. ETA: 5 6 Valve weeks
I'll still maintain my mods nonetheless, but my phase goes from a development to a support phase(I'm not bc1 :crazyeye::crazyeye: yet). You've been a wonderful crowd folks!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work you’ve done for the community! And hopefully we’ll have a new generation of modders to carry on your legacy. :)

Thank you very much, Enginseer. This may be a micro-niche, but you've had a major effect on the entertainment portion of a lot of people's lives.

Thank you for the effort you've done for the community. All those mods really made the game much more flavorful and fun! I was quite sad to see the name of the thread popping in the list with your name but anyway, it's not like you're leaving forever, right? And you've already made a lot of mods for the people to enjoy.

Blessings be upon you! Hope IRL will always be positive and welcoming to you. Maligayang Pasko! :crazyeye:

Also, for curiousity sake, why do you have salientia as your title?

Tears kept rolling down my cheeks, while I wish you the best of luck in life. All the fans here will definitely slow you down on completing your tasks because of love and everything you do sounds awesome ! ;D

The community is really gonna miss you since you've contributed hours of fun to an already fun game. We salute you for making mods that we know will stand the test of time.

Thanks a lot for all you contribution. For me (and sure many others), your mods are a great part of VP experience enjoyment.

Thank you for everything!! Will you still be around to ensure full compatibility of your mods with the final version of VP, once that will be released?

Thank you for everything!! Will you still be around to ensure full compatibility of your mods with the final version of VP, once that will be released?
I'll still guarantee to my best of compatibility, however I will still maintain the usual core balance of the events on a week by weel basis.
Also, for curiousity sake, why do you have salientia as your title?
Frogs are known for introducing new concept and rebalancing the game especially those blessed with ice. I consider myself an ancestor of those.

I'll still guarantee to my best of compatibility, however I will still maintain the usual core balance of the events on a week by weel basis.

Frogs are known for introducing new concept and rebalancing the game especially those blessed with ice. I consider myself an ancestor of those.

Icefrog? lol

Top Bottom