A task for our SGL

What should our SGL build

• Use him exclusively for the Manhatten Project!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Use him for any World wonder exclusively (like UN)!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Build the airport in BABEland!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Just get rid of him and build whatever you want!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really think it would be a waste of an SGL to rush an airport with him. An SGL can reduce the building time of any city improvement or wonder down to 1 turn, so I think we should really use our SGL on something that requires an immensely large # of shields.

So, we should use our SGL to build the Manhattan Project, a wonder that will benefit us in innumerable ways. It will allow us to build nukes, which I still believe will be necessary if we are to win this game. It also shows our nuclear intentions to the other teams, thus letting them know if they war w/us, then it will be a total war.

I could list the all the other reasons, but I'm afraid I don't have the time right now. ;)

I voted for the second option. (I really dislike private polls.)

greekguy, the Manhattan Project would be my second choice as a Wonder build. The UN, if built by Free, could come back to bite us. Therefore we might want to strongly consider owning it. It costs more shields, true. But that supports your want of using a large shield project for the SGL. I too, want the Manhattan Project. We need our nuclear weapons as soon as possible. But it would be easier for one of our mega-cities to built the MP than the UN. And the UN gives off twice as much Culture.

I too, think rushing an Airport would be a waste of the SGL.

I voted for the airport for a couple of reasons:

1. We'd save a bunch of gold that could be used to upgrade tanks to modern armor and the airport will add a new luxury that will save us a lot of gpt that was being used for crowd control

2. Having an SGL prevents us from getting an MGL. Once we have MA with their blitz ability we'll be getting a lot of promotions and a lot of elite victories (MGL chances). Getting an MGL would allow us to build a MA Army (36-18-4) and once we've built 4 of them we could add the Pentagon which would make MA Army (48-24-4) and a Marine Army (24-12-2), a huge edge in breaking on to Free's island.

3. Since we don't have Space Flight yet, even with the Manhattan Project, we'd be unable to build Tactical Nukes. With the limited range (6) we'd be forced to also add a bunch of nuclear subs (only carry 1 T-Nuke) just to get them close.

4. The longer we keep nukes off the board the less likely Free will be building them to use on us.

Cyc, I'd prefer Manhattan to the UN for a wonder build, but either MP or UN would be a good use of our SGL, IMO.

Building an airport, however, is not. denyd, in response to all your points I'd just like to point out that we can cash-rush an airport; we can't do the same with a wonder.

Now that the poll is closed the majority decides.

But I think that with a well calculated prebuild we can build Manhatten, or which ever wonder we want, in time.

Money is short right now, so the airport it is...(not my decision, but the polls result).

ah, 'tis a shame. But we are a democracy, and the people have spoken.

Top Bottom