A use for Fusion Reactor

I think they intended us to use the gold to buy space wheat/space stone tiles. All of the other ship perks are about the map. Wider area to choose for the capital, see strategics, see coastline, see alien nests. I don't think they should or want to turn fusion core into a economic perk by boosting the energy quantity to the point we'd be tempted to save up for a worker or something. I like the idea of giving the player enough money to buy a tile in the third ring on turn one.

If it turns out you get a great landing site and don't need it, good for you. But there is significant value in being able to place the capital in a better long term location while getting those tiles that might otherwise force the capital into a good short term/bad long term location.

Well I still think bumping it to at least 150 would be good (get at least 3 tiles)

That's still not enough to buy anything, and only enough to save up for extra explorer/relic (at 200).

Basically 2 extra tiles is probably not worth the info.. 3 or so might be though.

I've been persuaded to look at the Spacecraft seeding options as being pretty much focused on sensors and landing aids. Replacing Fusion Reactor's direct economic Energy boost with something to do with sensing a specific terrain object of interest makes sense when the other options in the Spacecraft category are considered. This is why my vote is that the Fusion Reactor's spot be replaced by a "Subsoil Object Sensor" which will point us towards Expedition sites on the map. (Having the sensor point out Equipment Stashes as well is probably too OP so I'll settle for just the Expedition sites.)

Top Bottom