AA02: Catherine's Aggressive Adventures

Great turns Kikinit :goodjob:

Looks like we could use some more worker as well.
Thanks. I was thinking of saying the same thing about a worker as well. But my list was getting a bit long... we need workers, walls, libraries, barracks, axes, swords... may as well just say we need everything. :lol:

That's always the problem with my SP games. I always think i need one more thing before i go to war and just keep on building and building..

·Imhotep·;6503370 said:
So much for "Great Wall ? What for ?" and "I don't expect we'll see a lot of Barbs"
forgot about raging barbs :blush:

good turns kikinit ~ way to handle those hordes.

i'm still all for expanding to 6 cities ASAP, even more so to push back the fog. I would say settlers are more important than workers until we're fully settled. Maybe writing > abcs for trading.

Roster:
beserks01
robo kai
kikinit >> just played
Imhotep >> UP NOW and has it
pholkhero >> on deck
negyvenketto

Update: Report coming in about 10 hours henceforth

Sorry for the delay, had some RL issues to sort out first :) . I played 20. things are getting very interesting now. But see yourself...

We did see some barb action, but it slackened down somewhat at the end of my set. Note that Joao is settling close from the East already.

Explored somewhat with the Warrior. Here is a nice city spot, claiming Pigs, Marble, Wheat and Deer...

I know I said that an Axe Rush is lame. But after we got that event I think I can't withstand the temptation...

Moreso as I've OBed Louis and have seen that both of his nearest 2 cities (including Paris) are on plains, not on hills ! The RNGod clearly wants us to spill some blood... :devil:

Sitting Bull wanted OB, I refused. Pretty all leaders are willing to OB.

We are least powerful. Should change soon :devil: ...

Thanks, Louis - now we know whom to rush...

I selected Math after Writing and am accumulating gold at 0% research.

Next turn we will get rid of the barb menace as I've built the Great Wall to 1 turn (with stone connected it was only 12 turns). A Settler is ready in 2 for the Marble site. Some workers are chopping, I'd say these chops should go into Axes along with some whips. We should get onto Louis ASAP.

Imhotep

P.S.:

Spoiler The Log :

Logging by BUG Mod 2.20 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 90/750 (1750 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:10:41]
Reminder: On Turn 110, stop playing
St. Petersburg grows: 3

IBT:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 91/750 (1725 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:10:58]
The whip was applied in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg finishes: Work Boat

IBT:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Churchill(England), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 92/750 (1700 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:11:25]
A Quarry was built near Novgorod

IBT:

Turn 93/750 (1675 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:11:44]
While attacking in Russian territory at Rostov, Axeman 2 of Moscow (Axeman) defeats (2.20/5): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
A Fishing Boats was built near St. Petersburg
Novgorod finishes: Axeman

IBT:

Turn 94/750 (1650 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:12:02]
Axeman 2 of Moscow (Axeman) promoted: Combat II
While attacking in Russian territory at Rostov, Axeman 2 of Moscow (Axeman) defeats (2.60/5): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

IBT:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Churchill(England), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 95/750 (1625 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:12:27]
While attacking in Russian territory near Moscow, Axeman 1 of Moscow (Axeman) defeats (4.00/5): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

IBT:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Churchill(England), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Churchill(England), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Churchill(England) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 96/750 (1600 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:13:09]
Moscow grows: 2

IBT:
Attitude Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) towards Churchill(England), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Churchill(England), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Churchill(England) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 97/750 (1575 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:13:32]
Novgorod begins: Settler (25 turns)
Moscow finishes: Axeman
Rostov's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 98/750 (1550 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:14:15]
A Farm was built near Moscow
Moscow begins: The Great Wall (13 turns)

IBT:
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 99/750 (1525 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:14:42]

IBT:

Turn 100/750 (1500 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:15:03]
Rostov grows: 2

IBT:
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 101/750 (1475 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:15:15]
Rostov begins: Worker (18 turns)
Whip anger has decreased in Moscow

IBT:
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 102/750 (1450 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:15:45]
St. Petersburg grows: 4

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Warrior defeats (1.04/2): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 90.1%)

Turn 103/750 (1425 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:15:50]

IBT:

Turn 104/750 (1400 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:16:20]
St. Petersburg finishes: Barracks

IBT:

Turn 105/750 (1375 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:16:27]
St. Petersburg begins: Worker (12 turns)
A Mine was built near Moscow
A Mine was built near Novgorod

IBT:

Turn 106/750 (1350 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:16:56]
Whip anger has decreased in St. Petersburg

IBT:

Turn 107/750 (1325 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:17:12]
Tech learned: Writing

IBT:

Turn 108/750 (1300 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:17:48]
Research begun: Mathematics (30 Turns)

IBT:

Turn 109/750 (1275 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:18:36]

IBT:
Judaism founded in a distant land

Turn 110/750 (1250 BC) [20-Feb-2008 18:19:03]
Reminder: stop playing

Looks like a solid set, Immy :goodjob:

One more city to build and it's smashy smashy all the way to victory :p

:bump:

Who's up on this?

Great wall huh? Let's go!

I forsee some spying in the future too. Who do we focus our espionage on?

give a jedi a break [see my avatar!]

good turns Im, but Great Wall ~ what do we need that for? ;) :)

I will see what i can do with our axes, but I've got a couple games up before this!

Huzzah ~ 5 of 5 done!

There was not much to report during this set. I kept research at 0% figuring we were doing binary research. Meanwhile, I built stuff:

I talked ot people:

I took everything but the border cancel.

Louis built us Stonehenge, as well as some Swords, Axes and Chariots. I played until Maths came in. We've got about 5 or 6 axes, 2 spears and a chariot ready to go in whenever we want (please whip the coastal city next turn for 2 pop for another axe).

I stopped at the classical age:

Please remember to change our research to Iron Working, i think i misclicked onto MC. I'm not sure we still should rush since we may've missed the window, either by building cities, or my incompetence. However, I think we may be able to get 2 cities.

Sorry about this, but i'm on my way out the door! :goodjob:

Roster:
beserks01
robo kai
kikinit
Imhotep >> just played
pholkhero >> UP NOW
negyvenketto >> on deck

Attachments

• AA02 BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    190.3 KB · Views: 73
I think we should read it as follows:
Roster:
beserks01 >> on deck
robo kai
kikinit
Imhotep
pholkhero >> just played
negyvenketto >> UP NOW
Got it for tomorrow.

I feel our financial situation could be better and we can't afford more cities and units right now. With the current research rate we are 21 turns from IW, 32 from Alphabet, 41 from Construction, 47 from Currency, 76 from CoL (can be reduced by trades). What should be our priority? Peace (Currency or CoL) or war (IW or Constr.)? The possible tech trades are:

I vote to trade away Math to get everything we can get for it and go for CoL followed by Constr. Any idea?

I think we can head for currency then backfill with math trades like you said.

Since we have enough cities on our hands right now, peace seems to be a good option, especially with existing units to protect our border.

I'd go for Currency and CoL. Construction and IW doesn't help us if we can't utilize it anyway. Trading around Math for what it's worth is probably a good decision.

Imhotep

I think we should at least try to take one or two cities from Louis before peace ~ why else did i build all those units? :dunno:

We can still trade, though, but let's take it to him!

It's a useful war, at least we lost enough units to run breaking even @50% :lol:
First the trades:

Turn 142: war started
Turn 143: lost 6 axemen, sent the chariot to capture a worker, later to recon and pillage.
Turn 144: Hannibal declared on us :( He has an archer near the marble town, otherwise hopefully a phony war with him.
Turn 150: chariot pillaged Louis' (only?) metal.

We are 20 turns from Currency. The only techs we don't have are Meditation & Poly (maybe Priesthood, we can't see). Nobody wants to trade them away.

France ready to make peace. The price would be city of Novgorod.
No way. How to finish this war? :dunno: We can't capture any city without catas. We can wait for the French attack, and beat them up in home soil. If he loses some units maybe will ready for peace. Or he won't come, after Currency we can go for Construction.

Spoiler :
Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 140/750 (500 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:11:16]
Tech learned: Iron Working
Tech learned: Mysticism
Research begun: Currency (47 Turns)
The whip was applied in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg finishes: Axeman
Novgorod's borders expand

IBT:
Attitude Change: Hannibal(Carthage) towards Washington(America), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Sitting Bull(Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Washington(America) towards Hannibal(Carthage), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Washington(America) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 141/750 (485 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:22:41]
St. Petersburg begins: Worker (10 turns)
Moscow finishes: Axeman

IBT:

Turn 142/750 (470 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:25:58]
Moscow begins: Granary (8 turns)
Tech learned: Alphabet
Tech learned: Sailing
AA02(Russia) declares war on Louis XIV(France)

IBT:
State Religion Change: Washington(America) from 'no State Religion' to 'Judaism'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Washington(America), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Washington(America) towards Pacal II(Maya), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 143/750 (455 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:31:35]
Axeman 1 of Moscow (Axeman) promoted: Shock
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 1 of Moscow (Axeman) loses to: French Archer (1.86/3) (Prob Victory: 29.7%)
Axeman 7 of Moscow (Axeman) promoted: City Raider I
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 7 of Moscow (Axeman) loses to: French Axeman (1.60/5) (Prob Victory: 25.1%)
Axeman 9 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) promoted: City Raider I
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 9 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) loses to: French Swordsman (6.00/6) (Prob Victory: 29.9%)
Axeman 11 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) promoted: City Raider I
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 11 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) loses to: French Swordsman (0.60/6) (Prob Victory: 29.9%)
Axeman 12 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) promoted: City Raider I
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 12 of St. Petersburg (Axeman) loses to: French Swordsman (4.86/6) (Prob Victory: 35.3%)
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Axeman 6 of Novgorod (Axeman) loses to: French Swordsman (3.78/6) (Prob Victory: 49.0%)
While attacking in French territory at Orleans, Chariot 1 of Moscow (Chariot) defeats (4.00/4): French Worker (Prob Victory: 49.0%)
Novgorod finishes: Archer

IBT:
Hannibal(Carthage) declares war on AA02(Russia)
Attitude Change: Hannibal(Carthage) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Montezuma(Aztec) towards Louis XIV(France), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Churchill(England), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 144/750 (440 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:37:19]
Novgorod begins: Granary (18 turns)

IBT:

Turn 145/750 (425 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:39:17]
While attacking in the wild, Axeman 8 of Moscow (Axeman) defeats (5.00/5): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
A Cottage was built near St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg finishes: Worker
Rostov finishes: Barracks

IBT:
State Religion Change: Joao II(Portugal) from 'no State Religion' to 'Hinduism'
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Washington(America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Washington(America) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 146/750 (410 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:40:38]
St. Petersburg begins: Walls (38 turns)
Rostov begins: Axeman (11 turns)
A Pasture near Rheims was destroyed by Russian Chariot 1 of Moscow (Chariot)
A Pasture was built near Yaroslavl'
Rostov grows: 5
Yaroslavl' grows: 4

IBT:
Attitude Change: Louis XIV(France) towards AA02(Russia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 147/750 (395 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:42:53]

IBT:

Turn 148/750 (380 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:45:19]
A Hamlet was built near Rostov

IBT:
Attitude Change: Pacal II(Maya) towards Churchill(England), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 149/750 (365 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:46:45]
A Cottage was built near Rostov
Moscow grows: 4
Moscow finishes: Granary

IBT:
While defending in French territory at Lyons, Chariot 1 of Moscow (Chariot) defeats (3.32/4): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 73.3%)

Turn 150/750 (350 BC) [25-Feb-2008 18:48:41]
Moscow begins: Library (6 turns)
A Mine near Lyons was destroyed by Russian Chariot 1 of Moscow (Chariot)
Chariot 1 of Moscow (Chariot) promoted: Combat I

Attachments

• AA02 BC-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    201.4 KB · Views: 71
Since we're already in war (oh well) and peace is not an option, we might wait for France to send some more units at us. After they die, then we attack france again. I think Hannibal's gonna be sending a stack soon, so more units never hurt.

Currency -> Construction seems like a good bet to me right now.

Roster:
beserks01 >> UP
robo kai >> on deck
kikinit
Imhotep
pholkhero
negyvenketto >> just played

Alright, I've got it tentatively.

I'll try and squeeze in 10 turn tomorrow, but if I can't I'll probably need a skip this round since I have quite a busy week. Will post if I can't play.

Looks like it's a miss guys. I can't play til Friday, so a swap or a skip is in order.

Sorry for the delay.

dang! that sux about the war w/france ~ i was afraid of that.

let's play defense for now, and work on our infrastructure. currency > constr is a good thing.

no worries, beserks (jerk ;) )

Roster:
beserks01 >> skipped
robo kai >> UP NOW
kikinit >> on deck
Imhotep
pholkhero
negyvenketto >> just played

All righty I must've missed this thread when filtering for updates... :o

Playing tonight. (note: +800GMT night)

Top Bottom