Abilities and such ideas...

hmm. yes. that is the main idea.
Though forts and a wayshrine would be mutually exclusive as improvements.

Also I'd like to have shrines in as a fixed location to be protected by Brettonians.
(As protecting the land from barbarian(monster) razing is the Brettonian ethic.)

Ofcourse there needs to be a good reason for a player to immobilise his relic.
-A mobile base of blessing spells or other bonusses would be much more usefull than an immobile one.
That is why I wanted them to provide magicpower, if worked by a city.
(like wizards towers, totems, spires, monoliths, alchemyshops etc. *todo)
I wonder whether a small religion boost would be a good idea? (pilgrims)
Anyhow, Brettonias native magic and religion are firmly interwoven.
--
Any spontaneous spawning of shrines should be rare...maybe only when a great religious leader is born...or to a maximum number equal to number of city-shrines.

---

As a mechanic.
how about as a new 'goody' for the goodyhuts?
-a civ-specific special item/improvement/unit/tech (for those civs without: settler)
It would enable a way to introduce flavour without messing up the game overall too much.
for example:
Empire- "Your scouts find a settlement of Halflings.
They are happy to meet friendly people and offer a Pact of Friendship and an alligiance against all lurking monsters."
TECH_HALFLINGS unlocked
-----------------------

I have totally gotten offtopic. :lol:

---
idea: Allies-resources
let me explain. (it may be redundant with hirelings/regiments of renown)
A civ gets one or several (depending on various things) alliance counters, which he can trade with any friendly civ.
Once a civ has anothers' ally counter, it is able to produce/hire certain civ specific units.

Nevermind that: no satisfying way to recall those lent out troops if war breaks out.

mutated idea: racial-resources
trade your citizens with a friendly neighbour. get to build/research racial specific stuff.
1-get racial resource: allows ghetto building
2-build 'racial ghetto': aquire racial/civ specific tech

Aargh!
This would probably require a complete duplication of all civ-specific unit infos.
Let's get things working in basic form first. :blush:

Top Bottom