About Malakim

AlexNW

Chieftain
I've seen that almost all civs have male and female leaders (except Svartalfar because their matriarchal society, and the Malakim). But Malakim only have a male one. Why? I'm sure you have your reasons, so excuse my ignorance. Please, "illuminate :)lol:)" me, with the sun of your knowledge, and the warm of your generosity. :D

I remember a portrait from Icewind Dale, a woman with brown hair, a shield in one hand and in the other one a long sword, both items touching the floor if i can remember, and with a plate armor. I think she would be a good one. Although I don't like the background behind her.

And excuse my english.

Oops....... aaaaah...... *cough* *cough*. :eek:
Mmmmh... I mean... :rolleyes: Good Civs? Yes... good civs have both male and female leaders (Ljosalfar is a special case, 1 good, 2 neutral, if i can remember, ugh... headache :crazyeye:).

Well, no matter, forget it.

The point: i liked that portrait from Icewind Dale, and i think she would be a good Malakim leader. Jast a humble suggest... :goodjob:

But i suppose adding a new leader would be too much work :(
Goodbye.

Oops....... aaaaah...... *cough* *cough*. :eek:
Mmmmh... I mean... :rolleyes: Good Civs? Yes... good civs have both male and female leaders (Ljosalfar is a special case, 1 good, 2 neutral, if i can remember, ugh... headache :crazyeye:).
Shealm, Balseraph, Clan, Doviello, Calabim, also have female and male leaders AND they are evil civs.

So, what are you really trying to say?

As far as good civs go, Sabathiel of the Bannor could be considered androgynous or gender neutral because the Angels don't neccesarily have to be female OR male. But the lore describes him as a male.

You might want to link to the picture in Icewind Dale because I have no idea who you are talking about.

I could see the Sidar and the Illians maybe having a second leader someday who is female, without compromising the story too much.

I don't see any female leaders for the Malakim forthcoming. No real reason to my knowledge. Gender parity wasn't an explicit goal anymore than misogyny was. Having a wide, but manageable selection of interesting leaders is.
At this point, adding new unplanned leaders is probably unlikely, but that's why Varn (and Cardith and Cassiel) have the adaptive trait, so that you can use differnt play styles with those civs.

wow... you are misinterpreting my words. Please don't beat me. I didn't say anything. This post doesn't existed...
huh? You asked why there was only one leader for Malakim, though there are a male and female for many civs, and I said, There's not really any reason. Reasonable question, simple answer, no offense taken or meant. Welcome to the boards, btw. :)

:confused: wow... you are misinterpreting my words. Please don't beat me. I didn't say anything. This post doesn't existed...

But... a new woman hero, for example? With this portrait? I don't know. I just wanted to give an idea or something.
http://images.google.es/imgres?imgu...ages?q=icewind+dale+portraits&um=1&hl=es&sa=N

That seems awfully dark for a leader of the sun-based civ. Of course, Varn's wife Talia is a bit of a shadowy figure (a druid/witch who cheated on Varn with Duin the werewolf).

That seems awfully dark for a leader of the sun-based civ. Of course, Varn's wife Talia is a bit of a shadowy figure (a druid/witch who cheated on Varn with Duin the werewolf).

Interesting. Thanks, magister.

Welcome to the boards, btw.

Thanks, sir Nikis.

:goodjob:

:confused: wow... you are misinterpreting my words. Please don't beat me. I didn't say anything. This post doesn't existed...

But... a new woman hero, for example? With this portrait? I don't know. I just wanted to give an idea or something.
http://images.google.es/imgres?imgu...ages?q=icewind+dale+portraits&um=1&hl=es&sa=N

Heh - I think it was a bad idea to use the "why isn't there a female leader?" angle. If you've got a picture/idea - just post it :D No need to justify it along gender-lines - that tends to draw the wrong type of debate.

Anycase - it's been officially stated a few times that there will not be any new official civs/leaderheads without a *very* compelling reason. You might be best off trying to sell the idea in the mod-mod subforum, though I'd guess you'd need more than a nice picture over there too... (and it is a pretty decent picture for a leader).

Top Bottom