About OS X and Civ III Complete

I bought Tiger through ebay from someone locally. It certainly appears to be a fully bona fide version and installed perfectly. I've had no other problems with it, and have already upgraded to 10.4.7 via Software Update, also with no known problems so far. I have noticed that it can take an oddly long time to open an app, whether Civ or something simpler like iTunes...it lags, then finally opens. I guess I should contact Aspyr. I know my way around OS 9 well and how to manipulate files and extensions to test for conflicts, etc., but I have little idea what to look for in OS X that might possibly cause this kind of problem with an app. It's bizarre and of course, very frustrating.

I have also had a number of crashes, as mentioned, and I now have about five or six crash logs from actually game crashes rather than graceful "exits" which give the exit dialog box as when I try to load. Loading does not crash the game, just causes the in game fatal error. I'll send my crash logs to Brad, who was requesting game crash logs elsewhere I noticed. If you want to take a peek, I could send them to you too. More often, a mod crashes the game, but sometimes it's just Civ III Complete too.

Top Bottom