Add civilization: Problem in Diplomacy screen

nonnob3

CHECKMATE!
Hi
I have added a new civilization to my game (Italy/Mussolini) and eveything works fine exept one thing: When playing and greeting for the first time the leader, it shows on the diplomacy message screen :civname=player (noun) or something like that. Some error.
But when then I click to negotiate, everthing is ok.
Can someone tell what to do to adjust this problem?
:confused:

Thank you!:)

I believe you need to modify \[civ3 directory]\text\diplomacy.txt to fix that.

Thanks, were exactly do you find these lines?
And say for example I add "ITALY", one civilazation, how would I enter it on these codes?

:)

Do I have to change 16 to 17 number of civs?

Montezuma it seems great... but a little obscur for me.

Can you make a post that can explain step by step how to add a civilization?

But I try to understand in waiting for this post :)

I want to talk about diplomacy.txt
I think I've understood how but I don't understand how it work.
I will test. Thx to u.

i noticed the same problem in the manual, there is a pic of lincoln with that problem

And say for example I add "ITALY", one civilazation, how would I enter it on these codes?

#AIFIRSTCONTACT
#civ 1 <---- look for this
#power 0
#mood 0
#random 1
"I, $AI0, Ruler of $CIVNAME1, wonder of the world, greet you." ; --- for first standard civ
"Greetings. I, $AI0, greet you."
"I am Great $AI0. The $CIVADJ2 people are honorable. Deal with us fairly and we shall have peace."
"I am $AI0, of the $CIVA
DJ3." ; for last 16th civ
;- - add new lines for extra civs
"I, $AI0, Ruler of $CIVNAME1, wonder of the world, greet you." ; --- for 17th extra civ

The list that Montezuma prvided

#AIFIRSTCONTACT 16 + 1 * N (add 1*N lines)
#AIFIRSTDEAL 16 + 1 * N
#AIDEMANDTRIBUTE 48 + 3 * N

the green number stands for the standard number of lines in the #AIFIRSTCONTACT portion of the code

replace the N with the number of civs you are going to add (in your case 1). multiply that by the red number. The result is the number of lines that you need to add to the section.

If you're not sure what to place in the file, copy the line from another civ. Follow Montezuma's formula for the rest of the file. When there is a zero instead of a "N * 3" or the like, don't add any lines.

The game may still crash when you go into the foriegn advisor screen if you are using this new civ.

I hope that I was able to help you.

Originally posted by Atum

#AIFIRSTCONTACT
#civ 1 <---- look for this
#power 0
#mood 0
#random 1
"I, $AI0, Ruler of $CIVNAME1, wonder of the world, greet you." ; --- for first standard civ
"Greetings. I, $AI0, greet you."
"I am Great $AI0. The $CIVADJ2 people are honorable. Deal with us fairly and we shall have peace."
"I am $AI0, of the $CIVA
DJ3." ; for last 16th civ
;- - add new lines for extra civs
"I, $AI0, Ruler of $CIVNAME1, wonder of the world, greet you." ; --- for 17th extra civ

The list that Montezuma prvided

the green number stands for the standard number of lines in the #AIFIRSTCONTACT portion of the code

replace the N with the number of civs you are going to add (in your case 1). multiply that by the red number. The result is the number of lines that you need to add to the section.

If you're not sure what to place in the file, copy the line from another civ. Follow Montezuma's formula for the rest of the file. When there is a zero instead of a "N * 3" or the like, don't add any lines.

The game may still crash when you go into the foriegn advisor screen if you are using this new civ.

I hope that I was able to help you.

Thank you!:D :D

I'll give it a try;)

Top Bottom