Add-On Pack 1 Map errors

hokie.jones

Chieftain
I'm a big fan of this mod, so I downloaded the Add-On Pack 1. When I tried to start a new game, I was unable to select all of the countries. The 1936 maps are missing Germany and Japan, and most likely more. When I try and load the map it acts as if the game has been won on the first turn. The maps are too large to upload, so I uploaded a save game from the first turn for UK in the '36 scenario.

I tried to download the add-on twice, and I keep having the same problem. I'm running a direct2drive version of BTS, everything is updated.

Attachments

• Prime Minister Churchill AD-1936-January-Fortnight 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    104.5 KB · Views: 66
I am having a similar problem to above, since updating with the add-on pack the following has happened.

Europe 1936 - Game ended on turn 0 "You have been defeated".
Europe 1936 - Game ended on turn 1 "You have won a conquest victory", I also noticed in this one that only 2-3 French cities existed and the rest of the map was empty (which would explain the victory).
Europe 1939 - Crash to desktop while viewing leader welcoming pop-up.
Europe 1939 - Same as above.

In all the above results I have chosen UK as my civ, and varied the difficulty setting (just incase).

Am not posting to have a moan, just figured the more information you guys have the easier it might be to pinpoint the problem. I don't have a save to upload because the games ended before I had done anything, but I suppose I could go back and save after choosing "one more turn" if you felt it would help.

Edit: I forgot to add, my installation is from the discs not D2D, and is patched up to date. Before installing the add-on Europe 1936 seemed to be working fine, but I decided it would be better to play with the new bits and pieces so didn't save.

Edit 2: Having seen in another thread the suggestion to download this, I did so and tried the game again.

Europe 1936 - UK - Noble

Game started normally, after one turn I was declared conquest winner again.
Only the following nations were present (Iberia, Norway, USA, UK, France, Low Countries, Italy).
No territory was occupied east of italy (imagine drawing a line pole to pole through Venice, nothing east of that).
Each nation had a score of 10000 at turn 0.
When I selected to play one more turn I was viewing the map for about three seconds noting the empty areas when it crashed to desktop.

Again I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, I understand user created content will always have it's problems, I'm just providing you with all the information I have to help diagnosis (please message me if this is considered unhelpful).

Top Bottom