Adding Civs to GEM?

sayow

Chieftain
I want to use your exceptional map for a more WW2 oriented game. How do I go about either:

A) using your map only with another mod

or

B) adding civs to your mod?

thank you and exceptional work.:goodjob:

This is a good place to discuss which leaderhead people want to be included to GEM v5.x.

sayow, if you are not aware, I have mentioned that I will (eventually) make an add-on pack to GEM just purely for the leaderhead graphics. At the moment, there are 5 already. All of them are from WW2:

Hitler, Mussolini, Hirohito, Chiang and Menzies

Adding leaderheads is not an easy tasks in general and I guess I won't be able to give help on that. But if you are interested, I've read some very good tutorials about creating your own leaderheads in the forum. You might want to check that out.

I am also interested to add some more medieval leaderheads. I am willing to hear if there are other good leaderhead graphics that anyone know of.

Yes I see that you have Napoleon named Hitler :)

I was looking to use the Nazi Germany mod with this map if that is possible. nothing like crushing pure evil for a good time :p

Yes I see that you have Napoleon named Hitler :)

I was looking to use the Nazi Germany mod with this map if that is possible. nothing like crushing pure evil for a good time :p

I didn't meant those included in v5.2 release. I had the real graphics prepared for the 5 leaderheads I mentioned. Those graphics all together makes at least 50MB which I don't want to add to GEM as default.

So in v5.2, I created those pseudo leaderheads. Those leaderhead have everything correct except graphics and the civipedia.

I borrowed them from 'Road to War'.

I haven't uploaded them yet, of course. It is to be included in v5.x :)

That's why I am here to invite you guys to suggest any leaderheads that you've seen, from which mod, that GEM can borrow.

I would like to see (not sure if they are all in other mods) just listing what I would like to see:

Hitler
Moussalini
Ronald Reagan
Hirohito
Hu Jintao
John Kennedy

I would like to see (not sure if they are all in other mods) just listing what I would like to see:

Hitler
Moussalini
Ronald Reagan
Hirohito
Hu Jintao
John Kennedy

Just telling me the person you would like to see has no use. You know, I am hopeless in graphics modding. :rolleyes:

I would like anyone to comment here if he/she found some leaderhead in other mods that can be included in GEM. So basically I need to know:

the name of the leaderhead
the mod it lives in
the quality of the leaderhead

Just telling me the person you would like to see has no use. You know, I am hopeless in graphics modding. :rolleyes:

I would like anyone to comment here if he/she found some leaderhead in other mods that can be included in GEM. So basically I need to know:

the name of the leaderhead
the mod it lives in
the quality of the leaderhead

Are you considering just those relevant to the your mods historical period?
or also middle ages-oriented LHs?

If you are familiar with my mod you can see that some of the medieval ones are well done, like Vlad Dracul, Makeda, the Pope, Joan of Arc, Henry VIII & Sobieski.

Are you considering just those relevant to the your mods historical period?
or also middle ages-oriented LHs?

If you are familiar with my mod you can see that some of themedieval ones are well done, like Vlad Dracul, Makeda, the Pope, Joan of Arc, Henry VIII & Sobieski.

Yes, I can include those.

*sigh* Why are so many non-europeans so hot about playing that manic Austrian? He was a lunatic, an incompetent military leader, an horrible economic disaster and a coward. Not to start talking about his bad sides.

Kai, pls keep in mind that Germany and several other states are having very strict laws concerning that time period. This doesn't only include several signs, but also "the glorification" of several rather infamous persons, like Adolf Hitler. The more a mod tends to go in such a direction, the more likely it might cause trouble for inhabitants of such states.

*sigh* Why are so many non-europeans so hot about playing that manic Austrian? He was a lunatic, an incompetent military leader, an horrible economic disaster and a coward. Not to start talking about his bad sides.

Kai, pls keep in mind that Germany and several other states are having very strict laws concerning that time period. This doesn't only include several signs, but also "the glorification" of several rather infamous persons, like Adolf Hitler. The more a mod tends to go in such a direction, the more likely it might cause trouble for inhabitants of such states.

Good luck trying to argue that playing a game, with Hitler as your Lh, can get you in trouble, or is anti-constitutional, in Germany.

That said, let people play what they feel comfortable doing.
I personally do not care if that Lh is included or not, but I'm sure anybody can handle on his own the real life "troubles" that arise from playing civ IV as Nazi Germany.

Do not misunderstand me, Hitler's horrendous crimes are what they are, but I believe you are really blurring the lines.

Traiano, I don't say that playing Hitler will cause you juristic trouble ... but it is on the way to that point. There is a good reason all great game companies that want to sell their games in Germany are avoiding those persons (Hitler, Himmler, Göbbels, the whole lot). Firaxis left him out while adding Stalin and Mao. Paradox Entertainment is using Arnold Hiller instead... Th decision what is considered a "glorification" is up to the judge, and most game producers rather take the conservative route then risk any trouble.

Its a fine line to walk, and yes, the borders ARE blurry.

Btw: nothing is anti-constitutional in Germany, as we don't have a constitution. We've got a "fundamental law" which fills a similar role ... but it is no constitution. You know, one of those little left-overs from being in a state of war and occupation till 1990. Germany as a souvereign nation is only 18 years old.

Top Bottom