Adding dynname slots

iirc the dynamics names for original Rhye's are in the DLL which means you need to able to compile a DLL to make any changes. This tutorial will give you an idea of the scope of that task if you've never done it before. Once you can compile it should be easy, just search for the dynamic naming that's there and copy it.

Other RFC mods, such as Dawn of Civilization and Sword of Islam, moved the dynamic names to python, making them much easier for relatively inexperienced modders to work with. I suppose you could probably take DoC's system and add it to your version of RFC.

Other RFC mods, such as Dawn of Civilization and Sword of Islam, moved the dynamic names to python, making them much easier for relatively inexperienced modders to work with. I suppose you could probably take DoC's system and add it to your version of RFC.

Could you link me to resources that could help me do this?

I would first ask why are you working with original Rhye's and Fall? If you took DoC as your starting point it would much easier.

I have no special insight beyond what Ive already said. you should be able to figure it out by looking at both systems, open all the files, use mass search etc

however, you will have to compile a DLL to make changes to Rhye's system

for that reason, I encourage you to use DoC, adding stuff is really easy.

Yes. For DoC you can go to DynamicCivs.py.

For communist Mali, go to where it lists Russia State Property and Germany Totalitarianism (search for "Soviet and go down a while. Insert:
Spoiler :
Code:
			if iMaster == iMali and pMasterPlayer.getCivics(3) == con.iStateProperty:
				self.setCivDesc(iPlayer, self.malicommieVassals[iPlayer])
				return

Next, go to where the Soviet and Nazi Vassals are, make a text key. Like this:

Spoiler :
Code:
		self.malicommieVassals = {
                        iInca : "TXT_KEY_CIV_INCA_MALICOMMIE_VASSAL",
}
For more, you just need insert another iCivilization : ""

Last go to Assets\XML\Text\DynamicNames_Inca (or other) and put in before the end:
Spoiler :
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_INCA_MALICOMMIE_VASSAL</Tag>
		<English>Whatever you want as name</English>
	</TEXT>

That should do it, but probably won't show up in game.

Unlikeliness. Mansa likes Free Market in addition to the obvious parts.

Top Bottom