• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

So... you need idea help?

I might try to code some up again, but I'd be avoiding anything random like the plague. I definitely keep Piety in mind when I brainstorm; once I have a better idea how Prestige will look, I'd look for opportunities there, too.

I also meant for each Piety adjustment to happen once. Probably could have worded that better.

@ DJSHenninger: The World Wonders would be pretty much Civ-Specific, loading only when that mod is active, like St. Mark's Cathedral for Tuscany (at least as I have it pictured). I usually try to find non-Wonder things, though, but the Harmandir Sahib and Medina Azahara are so iconic for those Civs. The one for Pakistan I came up with because I hadn't had any better ideas at the time.

Ah, so without the mod, the civilization would just have a single event? I'm not really a fan of that, though :lol:

Also, if I'm to add Piety support, and the user does not have P&P, and I want to give it a different reward instead of Piety, how would I do this at all? I can imagine the lua would refer to a thing (Piety) that doesn't exist in that case. Probably more a question for JFD :crazyeye:

So... you need idea help?

Well, I haven't thought of any E&D ideas for any of my civs besides Northumbria and The Afsharids to some extent. Ideas are welcome, though I should probably try to come up with some ideas myself first ;)
A full round of E&D updates is still far off. Should probably add ExCE support too when that time comes, though I don't really the reference to some yet non-existing modded civs as possible colonial civs.

For Koxinga:

Spoiler :
Decision: Adopt the Tuntian system
Costs:1 magistrate, 750 :c5gold: gold
Requirements: must have researched economics, must have conquered at least one city.
Rewards: during peace, infantry units may build farms. Farms provide 1 extra :c5food: food when an infantry unit is stationed on them. Infantry units may repair farms.

Decision: Raid the coasts of X
Costs: -45 :c5influence: influence with X. Entering the territory of X 30 turns from the enacting will cause a lose of 15 HP for the unit. May not heal in the territory of X for 30 turns.
Requirements: X must be protected by at least 1 civ, must have at least 4 naval units.
Rewards: (Z=number of units, Y= number of citizens in X) Z×(Y×3) :c5gold: gold.

Ah, so without the mod, the civilization would just have a single event? I'm not really a fan of that, though :lol:

Also, if I'm to add Piety support, and the user does not have P&P, and I want to give it a different reward instead of Piety, how would I do this at all? I can imagine the lua would refer to a thing (Piety) that doesn't exist in that case. Probably more a question for JFD :crazyeye:

I worded the Wonder part wrong, that's my bad. The Wonder's assets could be added into the Civ's mod files. Then when, say, the Sikhs are loaded, the Harmandir Sahib is available to them in their decision. If they're not in the game, the Harmandir Sahib wouldn't be, either. So they'd always have that Harmandir Sahib decision and the ability to enact it to get the Wonder if they were loaded. If they weren't, the decision and Wonder wouldn't be in the game.

As for the second part, I figure it's easier to show you using one of the decisions I'd tried to do with P&P in it:

Code:
function JFD_IsUsingPietyPrestige()
	local pietyPrestigeModID = "eea66053-7579-481a-bb8d-2f3959b59974"
	local isUsingPiety = false

for _, mod in pairs(Modding.GetActivatedMods()) do
	  if (mod.ID == pietyPrestigeModID) then
	    isUsingPiety = true
	    break
	  end
	end

return isUsingPiety
end

This is the function JFD uses to check if P&P is loaded. Since I knew I wasn't the coding god JFD is, I just went with that he had. It's at the beginning of the code, before any decisions themselves are coded.

local isUsingPietyPrestige = JFD_IsUsingPietyPrestige()

This line sets "isUsingPietyPrestige" as an object that can be used in the decisions themselves to run the function "JFD_IsUsingPietyPrestige()" (posted above).

Code:
		local iPietyReward = math.ceil(25 * iMod)
		if isUsingPietyPrestige then
				if JFD_HasStateReligion(playerID) then
					JFD_ChangePiety(playerID, iPietyReward)
		end

This is the part of a decision's code that would change the Piety level. It checks to see if P&P is being used. If it is, then it changes the Piety level. If it's not, then this bit of code does nothing and the rest of the decision fires as normal. The same thing could be used for other mods as well, like say you wanted to give a Civ a decision that changes their rate of attrition in ExCE, you'd do the same stuff, but would use the mod ID for ExCE and probably change the text to reflect that (isUsingPietyPrestige -> isUsingExCE). I didn't proofread this enough, lol. As it reads now, it would add a bunch of Piety, I would need to change it to add 1 Piety to the current Piety level, which is what I meant for it to do.

The decision I took these from is the Monasteries one for Wallachia. Enacting it would grant free Monasteries (UBs in Wallachia's case) in every city whether P&P is used or not. If P&P was used, Piety would also increase by 1. If it wasn't, you'd still get the Monasteries. If the entire decision was P&P-related, though, I would have considered having a third one for people who don't use that mod.

Even JFD himself didn't make mod specific decisions. That's a whole new thing. Looking forward to it.

Ideally, no decision would rely entirely on another mod. But adding bits for people who use P&P seemed appropriate :)

Will the lux disappear if you raze the city? because on huge maps the UA sound incredibly good on paper, of course with no UB it is the only thing that will last for the rest of the game.

Will the lux disappear if you raze the city? because on huge maps the UA sound incredibly good on paper, of course with no UB it is the only thing that will last for the rest of the game.

Yes, it was done by dummy buildings, since Saffron does not have proper graphics and would therefore by invisible or would have another resource's graphics. I think it also makes it more balanced. The resource may also be captured by another civilization, at least that's what I intended.

Will it cause issues with...I can't remember if it's More Luxuries or Piety and Prestige that adds Saffron, but yeah that, or does it automatically include that Saffron luxury if present without adding its own?

Will it cause issues with...I can't remember if it's More Luxuries or Piety and Prestige that adds Saffron, but yeah that, or does it automatically include that Saffron luxury if present without adding its own?

It's not More Luxuries, so it must be P&P, but no, there is no mechanism that does this (wouldn't really know how). However, I do know that More Luxuries for example, removes all references to anything that looks like the resources it adds codewise, then adds its own. If P&P does the same, there should be no problem. If not, then, well.. :p I can't possibly take into account all mods in existence, whether they are prominent or not. Are you sure it's P&P? It would make more sense if it were Exploration Continued Expanded, at least to me.

It's not More Luxuries, so it must be P&P, but no, there is no mechanism that does this (wouldn't really know how). However, I do know that More Luxuries for example, removes all references to anything that looks like the resources it adds codewise, then adds its own. If P&P does the same, there should be no problem. If not, then, well.. :p I can't possibly take into account all mods in existence, whether they are prominent or not. Are you sure it's P&P? It would make more sense if it were Exploration Continued Expanded, at least to me.

I'm pretty sure it's P&P.

Also, I'm an idiot.

Wow those units looks fantastic. Conquering cities with those units would be great.

Thanks for another great civ man! Would +rep you if it were possible :D

Top Bottom