Additional Late Game Buildings

Yup! And it would be good for combining with a unique tile improvement, or a UNW that gives a yield for X improvement.

but if it’s too strong for agribusiness, I don’t think it would be too strong for an atomic era building giving food.

It could also be used on empire-limited buildings if people were worried about the super-wide bonuses. For instance, Refineries could get +2:c5production: for every oil well on empire, and +1 Oil. The refinery building would have to be moved back to Plastics for that though.

@Rekk had an interesting idea, which was instead of having a Theme Park, make the building that converts 50% :c5culture: to :tourism: an Interpretive Centre, using the national Visitor Centre icon:
National_Visitor_Center_%28Civ5%29.png

That actually makes a lot more sense as something that is converting tourism from things like Landmarks and Culture-based UIs like Moais. You go out to see a site in the countryside around a city that has cool thing. You can then go back into the city and they have a sort of museum that is all about the cool thing, the history of cool thing, the original peoples that made cool thing, etc. There are lots of examples of Interpretive centres like this

Then you either get rid of the National visitor centre entirely (it really doesn't make much sense), or replace with some sort of building that you might conceivably only have 1 of in an entire country, like a national exhibition hall, or just call it the Tourism ministry, or maybe a Theme park there?

This doesn't change any of the mechanics proposed, but is a different spin on it. And I'm not opposed to the idea of removing the National Visitor Centre. It's a weird concept, and it's quite unnecessary for a CV. This might sound like it's not actually adding any new buildings in that case, but a single national wonder is a few hundred :c5production: while a new building you can build in all cities in Atomic is thousands of :c5production:each, so it's a lot more turns worth of content.

also, this thread has been dead for a while. Should we post a poll for it or something?

Last edited:
I want to post these two side by side and see what people think. @Stalker0
  • Things that are the same in both proposals in Black text
  • Things that are different in Blue text
Spoiler Proposal 1 :

Building Changes
Airport:

Loses: +25% Great Work boost, +25% terrain, wonders, natural wonders culture to tourism
Gains: "Makes a :c5trade:City Connection with your :c5capital:Capital, if your :c5capital:Capital also has an Airport​
Stadium:
Moved to Atomic Theory
No prereqs (aka no zoo requirement)
Loses WLTKD, Happiness bonuses, +25% terrain, wonders, natural wonders culture to tourism
Gains +50% to Great Works (up from +25%)
Gains +30 influence to all City States
Instant GAP and GAP per Pop are unchanged​

Amusement Park (New Building)

Available at: Electronics
Requires: Zoo
Instant WLTKD

+50% of culture from terrain, wonders, natural wonders-> Tourism
+2 happiness

Spoiler Proposal 2 :

Building Changes
Airport:

Loses: +25% Great Work boost, +25% terrain, wonders, natural wonders culture to tourism
Gains: "Makes a :c5trade:City Connection with your :c5capital:Capital, if your :c5capital:Capital also has an Airport​

Stadium:
Moved to Atomic Theory
Loses Happiness bonuses, +25% terrain, wonders, natural wonders culture to tourism
Gains +50% to Great Works (up from +25%)
Gains +20 influence to all City States
Instant GAP and GAP per Pop are unchanged
Building requirements, instant GAP, WLTKD, and GAP per Population unchanged​

National Visitor Centre (National Wonder): Removed and replaced with Interpretive Centre

Interpretive Centre (New Building)

Available at: Telecommunications (same as Visitor Centre)
Requires: Hotel (same as Visitor Centre)

+50% of culture from terrain, wonders, natural wonders-> Tourism
+2 happiness
+1:c5culture: and :tourism: to all Landmarks on Empire​

Tech Changes:
Remove +2:c5culture: to Landmarks on Telecommunications
Move +2:c5culture: to Musicians from Satellites to Telecommunications

Wonder Changes:
CN Tower 50% to local GWs and Tile conversion replaced with 25% global GW and Tile conversion

Information_Era_picture.png

Benefits of Option 1:
  • Changes fewer things
  • Keeps overall % bonuses to culture at the same tech levels they are now. By late Atomic you will have the full +75% to GW and tile culture conversion
  • stronger diplomatic play
Benefits of Option 2:
  • Fewer changes to Stadium. Keeps the building as part of the Arena/circus/zoo line, while only swapping 1 bonus for another.
  • No new art; number of total buildings stays the same.
  • Delays and weakens CV overall. Dropping the National Tourist Centre wonder removes a cheap 25% global GW bonus and Tile conversion
  • Cleans up techs a bit. Having +2:c5culture:to landmarks at both Satellites and Telecomm is redundant.
  • Frees up global tourism modifiers to be added to CN tower, a proper World Wonder
  • Makes CN tower more unique. CN tower has 2x the Hotel's power, and boosts GWs like a few other wonders. It also re-orients the CN tower back to being a global wonder with global effects, more in line with the free population and happiness

Last edited:
So check me, it seems the biggest change in number 2 is we remove the +25% tourism for all GW, is that right?

So check me, it seems the biggest change in number 2 is we remove the +25% tourism for all GW, is that right?
And the 25% global tile :c5culture: to :tourism:tourism converter, yeah. Both would cap at 75%, unless they were added somewhere else like a wonder.

CN tower has 50% Local GW and tile converter :tourism:modifiers. I would suggest the global modifiers be moved here.

Edit: maybe I should just put that CN tower change into the actual proposal

Last edited:
I vote Proposal 1 as the amusement park introduction seems interesting. And perhaps later on we may turn this amusement park concept into international brands (like those in monopoly) so that different civilization can compete among others for popularity with their own unique theme parks (you know, like Legoland in Denmark and Disneyland in America). Maybe we can extend the branches to also build amusement parks in other cities with fewer benefits (+1 happiness instead of 2 perhaps) ?

Top Bottom