Advanced Start

ABHPage

Warlord
I've been skimming the forums to find an answer to how it works but found nothing clear yet. How does advanced start works ? When I enable it I have a thing saying I have 2160 gold to spend on tech units or whatever. I clicked on mysticism, but it doesn't seem to work, says it costs 0 etc etc. Is it bugged or what ?

All I really want to use it for is start with mysticism so I can research meditation right away and be the first to discover it so that I can choose christianity, otherwise the AI always beats me to it and seems to always choose christianity first. I tired reloading it still chooses christianity all the time.

I've never experienced any problems with Advanced Start, I use it often, but not always.

Once you start the game up this way, you'll get a map of your starting area, with some suggested city locations in red or blue circles.
The first thing you need to do, is place a city. Nothing else can be done before this. Once this is done, click into the "Technology" section, and choose "Mysticism". You should see a cost for bying this, and lower left corner will have a "buy" button. This should give you the tech.

If this doesn't work, I'm stumped!

Thanks. Today it worked... but yesterday, whenever I used advanced start, there was a big brown paperwall thing with images thing hiding the map ?

Top Bottom