Age of discovery PBEM

Hey,

GPS to England.

France would like to express its sadness over the Dutch blocking
the route of French ships sailing toward the new world.

The Right of Passage can be canelled & the Channel blocked
to Dutch shipping.

A French pikeman has moved to the border outside of Paris.

Game Question
This is a PBEM of the Age of Discovery with some changes.

- Gave some more ships to the European nations

1. What ships?
2. What happened to our Frigates?

The mod by Loulong had increase the navy to
2 frigates & 1 MoW to start with.

Blaze Injun

Oh Come on Blaze! Ships were in my path on my turn and I had to move around them! I didn't call them out! I went around them with no harm meant! I see it that all our ships are simply trying to find the best path. Nothing evil in my moves. And certainly no reason for us to be at odds. The Dutch are the least powerful nation here. I certainly can't see how two ships in the middle of the ocean constitutes Blocking? It more accurately means that several nations are sailing towards the same general direction. I mean its not like we are blocking a narrow channel prohibiting movement? Good luck in your exploration of the new world. And I would'nt be worrying about the Dutch...Portugal is the country to beat in this scenario!! Good luck with that! And the Dutch have NO CHANCE in this one. I'm just sailing the seas Mon Amie!
Sully

Hey,

Oh Come on Blaze! Ships were in my path on my turn and I had to move around them! I didn't call them out! I went around them with no harm meant! I see it that all our ships are simply trying to find the best path. Nothing evil in my moves. And certainly no reason for us to be at odds. The Dutch are the least powerful nation here. I certainly can't see how two ships in the middle of the ocean constitutes Blocking? It more accurately means that several nations are sailing towards the same general direction. I mean its not like we are blocking a narrow channel prohibiting movement? Good luck in your exploration of the new world. And I would'nt be worrying about the Dutch...Portugal is the country to beat in this scenario!! Good luck with that! And the Dutch have NO CHANCE in this one. I'm just sailing the seas Mon Amie!
Sully

Get with the program Sully. What do you think the mind
set was of the Kings of Europe at the time? Was it being
friendly. Taking your time to get to the New World.
While the other nations of Europe plant colonies.

Hell No. :trouble:

France has not even sighted the New World & you have a
colony already.

The riches of the New World or bust. And if that means
France has to Bust a few heads so be it.

Two ships side by side & with a ship's movement of 2 in the ocean.
It will take me 2 extra turns to reach the New World.

If you don't like the word blocking how about Hendering of French
Shipping at Sea. Better? :p

I would have called out any King. You just Happened to be the
one that was in the way.

Blaze Injun

Three Things My Dear King Blaze....

1) The Dutch do not have a Colony!
2) The 2 ships in quesion were unable to end in the same tile..thus they ended up side by side and
3) Thinking like the Kings of then won't win you this game!

The Ocean at this point of our game is free to all to traverse. Let's have good will as we make our way to our varied destinations. And the Dutch will gladly compensate you for your inconvience on our next turn!

Sully

Hey,

Three Things My Dear King Blaze....

1) The Dutch do not have a Colony!
2) The 2 ships in quesion were unable to end in the same tile..thus they ended up side by side and

The Ocean at this point of our game is free to all to traverse. Let's have good will as we make our way to our varied destinations. And the Dutch will gladly compensate you for your inconvience on our next turn!

Sully

France wants no compensation from the Dutch.
If France wants something from the Dutch She
will ask for it or.....Take it. :mischief:

And your talk of peace through the ages is just
smoke.

You know that better then anyone. Keeping the
peace when you were Spain won you the game.
But I'm not subbing this time around. This will be
a very different game.

Just wait till the Wars O' Religion start. :D

Blaze Injun

GPS to dutch.

In an attempt to avoid any "naval" entanglements...The Dutch make their first landfall! Problem is...we have no idea where we landed???? Its not Florida nor Cuba as we wanted??? Maybe some friendly natives will ease our burdens?

GPS to Against The Flow

Sully

Hey,

For those who have not played in a PBEM with
me I do go on rants sometimes.

Its not personal. If I do have something to say
that is personal I'll email or PM.

The thing is with the disappearance of Greygamer,:( ,
I have lost a very dear friend & a person that I could
rant about any PBEM that I was in. Greygamer :( was
a person that could rant with the best of them.
A good sounding board & a great visonary in times
of conflict. Good times. :beer:

As to the game... I like to make....?....it historical.
You can play this game like a standard CIV game.
Build this. Move this. Manage this. Win the Game!! :woohoo:

But it can be so much more. For example. The
thing between France & the Dutch gives this PBEM
a little history. I know that he didn't do it on
purpose. But it was a little thing that I could write
about. The turn before we all said something about
the group of different nations ships side by side.
Everyone goody goody.

Well let me tell you. As of my turn its stands.

Victory Points
1. Portugal 410
2. Netherlands 105
3. Spain 30
4. England 0
France 0

France does lead in all other stats so I'm going
to play that way. I'm top dog & I will do my
up most to keep her there. Allies are welcome. :mischief:

Anyway to me it makes the game more enjoyable.

Sorry. Another rant.

Still wonder about not having warships to start?

Blaze Injun

Please don't write in Haiku. To get to your worships questionw hich I apolagize for not looking through the thread, you don't start with warships in Age of Discovery. I added one caravel each, frigates are available with naval ordanance.

Blaze and I always seem to be on opposite sides of PBEM...not by choice! We are on the same side when it comes to the mysterious disappearance of GreyGamer aka Michael Cousins.

He abrubtly dropped off the Civ Grid without word, notice, nor explanation. There has been no contact with him for months despite repeated attempts to contact via email and posts here.

Blaze's post opens up a raw wound...I wonder what happened to such an active person on Civ. We all go through periods where..."game time" has and should take a back seat to the real issues in life. I wonder what has become of GreyGamer????

Ok..I've vented...........

Sully

Hey

Please don't write in Haiku. To get to your warships question which I apolagize for not looking through the thread, you don't start with warships in Age of Discovery. I added one caravel each, frigates are available with naval ordanance.

Then this isn't the LouLong mod? Kool.

I didn't know it was Haiku.

Blaze Injun

I hope you read the nice big notice on all big portuguese ships and colonies

"Tresspassers on our lands will be fed to cannibals"

I'm here again and here you are Rodent. GPS.

GPS to Blaze

Anyone intrested in telling how many settlers they have in existence and how many are being produced? If you tell i will tell ;)

GPs to the dutch.

gps to rodent. Everybody welcome the 16th century!! Fireworks are outlawed in Spain (actually just haven't impressed my people enough to get a WLTKD).

The Portuguese have renamed all their cities in Celebration. the Capital has been renamed as 'Holy Crap City' . The first known Carrack in existence flows out of harbour

GPS to Blaze

Top Bottom