Age of Discovery PBEM

Portuguese scout sends back reports of Mayan Pikeman and Settler passing through Aztec land. Are the Aztecs helping the Mayans in their battle against the pale faces?

The Mayans have always been our good friends and trading partners, and as a matter of fact, we still have a Right of Passage with them, which will expire in a short while. Perhaps we will help you then (if there's still soomething left of the Mayans... :()

Don't know why it hasen't been promoted to 14, i tough that 2 wins in same turn automaticaly gives +1 life point :confused:
I had many double-victories with Armies in the "TGW" scenario, and most of the time they did not promote either. My explanation is, that the game uses a different unit inside the Army for each of the two attacks?!
One could test this theory by filling only one unit into the Army. Then the same unit would be used for both attacks, and auto-promotion should occur?!

Now, one question : Who's Next :D

I think I can read your mind... :mischief: Oh no,not another war! :eek:

BE quit ;) don't panic, and you won't feel any pain :lol:

I use to keep the best for the end !!!

The Mayans have always been our good friends and trading partners, and as a matter of fact, we still have a Right of Passage with them, which will expire in a short while. Perhaps we will help you then (if there's still soomething left of the Mayans... :()

Well, I'm all set to take the final Mayan city (as far as I'm aware) next turn. If there are elimination points available, then you may get them by defeating their final settler!

Well, I'm all set to take the final Mayan city (as far as I'm aware) next turn. If there are elimination points available, then you may get them by defeating their final settler!

I will test that theory next turn, but I don't think one gets VPs for eliminating a civ?! :confused:

GPS to Tom, 54a

Mayan capital Copan taken but the Mayans live on.....

I don't think we need a detailed battle report but a combination of three trebuchets, two knights and two medieval infantry defeated three pikemen. I lost one of my medieval infantry....

GPS to Muzbang

Moctezuma is pleasantly surprised by the generosity of the French King and accepts the nice European luxury goods thankfully! If diplomatic relations continue like this, we are sure that nothing will stand in the way of peaceful cooperation in Northern America!

GPS to Tom, 55a.

GPS to Tom.

I don't think you get victory points for eliminating someone: after the Mayas declared war on me this turn and settled their new capital right in the middle of my territory, I wiped them out destroying three pikes, a settler and a size-1 town. During that turn I got 160 victory points: 15 each for the pikes and the settler, 100 for the town.
==> no points for the elimination.

Interesting that they had 3 pikes! Last turn, when they were wandering through my territory, it was only 2 pikes and 2 settlers. Founding a capital must have immediately given them an extra pike.

I just had an idea:
We know, that if you abandon a town, then all units inside are "teleported" back to the capital. I didn't test the following yet, but I think this could also be used to teleport treasures (or units carrying a treasure) back home?!

In this case: should we ban that practise or allow it...? :D

Top Bottom