• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Agressive Barbs?

bds

Warlord
Will barbs build better cities if you have them set to agressive.

Im playing a terra map & i want them to have something decent to attack by the time i get over there.

I don't think so, but I can't say I know 100%. I'm on a terra map too and recently landed on the new world. It's not that there cities are good, they just have a ton and all the FoW means tons of spawns :p

I may be mistaken, but I think they also build the cities faster. I was playing an OCC and not only were they sending 5 axeman at a time into my cities ( I counted 9 barbarian units at once in my border), but they had knocked out the americans, and greeks. Usualy the AI moves right to my borders with their cities, but the AI was the first to get a city there. I was constantly hearing the names of barbarian cities being razed.

I play with regular barbs and I landed in the new world recently an i noticed their cities never grow to the fat cross. they were size 8 or 9 but they were still just a square.

I have landed in the New World before and they had several rather nice cities set up...

One Set of Navy SEALs held them off the whole time...

They have nerfed barbs, before patch 1.61 if my memory deserves they could even build wonders.To see some developed barbs you should play Terra maps and even on this maps it's hard to see a city which has a fat cross

Well they are barbarians so I guess they don't like building culture buildings if they can help it.

"Regular barbs" lol. Sounds like fast food - or maybe "would you like barbs with that?". Super-size barbs would be raging I suppose.

I'm pretty sure barb cities expand. I remember one game conquering a barb island with a full cross of nothing but grassland towns and the only ivory in the game. It was like a magical shangri-la. So, yes, they do expand, but it might take them half the game to do it for all I know.

This was vanilla 1.61.

I have seen some pretty nice sized barb cities. I am not sure if they build obelisks, but if not they probably have to wait until they get writing so they can build libraries. i don't know if they even do that to tell you the truth. I have never paid attnetion to what is actually in a barb city before I capture it, so i don't know what exactly they build for culture.

They build monuments, so their borders expand. They also build libraries, barracks, granaries, lighthouses and when they capture city with a religion, they build temples.

Top Bottom