AI amphibious assault

Maydrock

Prince
If anybody out there is wondering can the AI perform a sea attack, check this pic out.

Hannibal's second stack to the north has 4 frigates and 2 galleons. He also had a third stack coming down from the north that's not visible that had another 3 galleons. That's a total of 25 ships with a potential of 52 land units! Each one of us was on the SE side of our respective continent. He sent his forces north around my continent to back door me. I had just started pumping out modern naval units. But his big mistake was attacking my naval yard that could produce a cruiser every turn and like 4 battleships every 5 turns. He didn't have open borders with Hatty and I had a 2 transports coming up from the south. Luckily I had just enough units to block his units from getting to the coast. He did surprise me though. Good stuff.

In my game Mehemed attacked Elizabeth from another continent and right after I heard war trumpets I heard the screams of running citizens... he captured one of her island city groups in 3ish turns. I was impressed.

Yap Lector is a tough guy^^
But has somebody seen the AI using the blockade system yet?
BTW AI always harrases me with their pirates, very annoying but clever somehow.

Does Hatty have open borders with Hannibal? It's understandable if they flank you if they don't have open borders.

In this situation, if Hannibal does have open borders with Hatty, does he still flank you? Does he initiate a 2 pronged attack?

But has somebody seen the AI using the blockade system yet?

I have. I don't recall specifically but I think an AI I was genociding did blockades on cities I'd take that weren't out of resistance yet - but at least it shows they do use blockades.

On one map I played on I had over half my cities on islands (one of the new map scripts) and the damn portuguese had numerous frigates that blockaded my island cities. My problem was that I was rather late with my frigates (and lost the few I had in the war with him) so he got naval superiority (or supremacy in this case) over me. That was a hard bargain peace.

What difficulty setting where you using Maydrock?

Top Bottom