AI Deity Promotions

EsoEs

Warlord
Still very new to this mod but I have a question about the AI promotion bonuses. Currently turn 56 in my game and I got deccd by two war civs (japan aztec :/) and literally every unit they have in my territory has level 3 promotions, making it very difficult for me (read: impossible) to defend. Is this typical of a vanilla game as well and I just cant see the promotions or is this something added to the mod?

Vanilla does not give military handicaps for the AI, which is one reason combat is the best (and often only) way to go on harder vanilla difficulties. AI economic strength outshadows military strength. In the mod, fighting the AI militarily is as challenging as fighting them economically. I'd recommend trying Emperor or Immortal difficulty and working your way up from there.

Details on AI handicaps are in the Difficulty Levels thread. :)

An effective strategy to hold off early rushes seems to be a combination of archers, walls, and defensive policies like Oligarchy.

Deity is always nigh-impossible in VEM with double-DoW early. It is brutally important to get archers out early and often. I like to have around 3 archers and 2 warriors/spears for early defense.

Yea I went for a reload, was pushing too hard on an early wonder to hold off the attack, got a few more units first and held off the attack, and still managed to get the wonder after all :p Great mod Thal, love everything you've done with it!

Top Bottom