AI Demands

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
A suggestion:

The AI comes to you and demands gold/tech/maps etc. You have to say yes or no, there and then.

It would be useful if you could check with your advisers: eg. Do they have a right-of-passage with the civ between you? How strong is their military? Are they at war with anyone else?

Thoughts?

Just hit the 'Return' key. This takes you out of the advisor screen to check all these things. Then go back to diplomacy with the same leader and the deal will still be on the table.

You guys seems to mix this up with a trade deal offer - he talks about extortion. No deal screen, no active button (stupidly)!!! Also, no counteroffer!

Good idea ainwood, I`d also often like to check!

The point of these demands is that you need to be aware of your position in the wolrd all the time. Frequent checking of your power via f8 as well as an ongoing awareness of your situation with respect to trades, dilpomatic standing, military strength etc is required to appropriately respond to these threats and i think thats the point of not being able access the screens. Its somewhat artificial of course, but its how the game forces you to be aware of these matters.

You should be able to click or double click the picture of the advisor who appears beside the extortion "request." This will bring up his/her report, and from there you can use the other advisor icons to view their reports. When you click the "x" to exit the advisor screens, you will be back to the extortion request.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that this works on extortion, but I am almost positive.

Originally posted by Dralix
You should be able to click or double click the picture of the advisor who appears beside the extortion "request." This will bring up his/her report, and from there you can use the other advisor icons to view their reports. When you click the "x" to exit the advisor screens, you will be back to the extortion request.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that this works on extortion, but I am almost positive.

Dralix - Checked, and it worked. Thanks again:goodjob:

Top Bottom