1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI encampment under construction can fire?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by pholtz, Nov 5, 2016.

1. pholtz

pholtz King

Anyone else seen this? Is it a bug?

I am fighting around St. Petersburg, trying to take it. His city fired at my archer a few times, it was finally hurt enough that I decided to retreat it.

During the AI's turn, he started an Encampment ON the spot my archer just vacated, then used the under construction Encampment to fire on and kill my archer. It took me a while to find the encampment as it was only in the very initial stages of construction, and visually was hard to find. But the message definitely said this encampment fired on my units.

I'm pretty sure I need to finish an Encampment before I can fire from it. Are the rules different for AI's?

Edit: Many people have now reported the bug. It is with the release version. See later in the thread for a save file.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. gillskill

gillskill Chieftain

I had this as well - at first I couldn't work out where the fire was coming from. And as i couldn't pillage it there was no way to defend except running away.

HF22 likes this.
  3. sigmakan

sigmakan Warlord

I've noticed this as well

4. Idleray

Idleray Warlord

5. pholtz

pholtz King

Fantastic, I still have the autosaves from the 10 turns or so prior to me capturing the city which include the bug. I'll just save them for a while since you posted your save file. Made a note on my original post that it is a verified bug.

The worst thing about the bug is that the encampment under construction can't be attacked, pillaged or anything. The AI gets free attacks until you flee or take the city.

6. Wanderlay

Wanderlay Chieftain

Can confirm. Lost 4 horsearchers to that non complete encampment. Can even place my units ontop and it still fires.
    If you want more savefiles then shout, but saw you had several.

7. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec King

You know that place by the other place...
    This has been addressed in the WInter Update.