[GS] AI exoplanet progress?

Tech Osen

Emperor
So I can see how fast the AI spacecraft goes but is there a way to check how far along it is? Once the progress bar is behind yellow dot/button thingie I just have to guess.
Just won a diplomatic victory while the Russian progress bar was behind that button for at least 10 turns (1 lightyear per turn). Just praying every time I hit end turn...

FTL radar tracking is not super accurate, too many quibits needed.
That feeling of impending defeat slingshotting over the event horizon makes the victory all the more glorious, surely.

It would be nice if it at least gave you the launch date.

Civ 6 UI is still very much user-hostile almost 4 years on
oh it has the odd quirk but you get used to it.
What gets me is the fact that when you play your first game the words "your intrepid reporter xxx discovered that" seem quite cute but by the seconde game you just wish they removed these words.
Also you should be able to say SV or CV and see gossip related to what you care about

What gets me is the fact that when you play your first game the words "your intrepid reporter xxx discovered that" seem quite cute but by the seconde game you just wish they removed these words.

Just a thought, could you edit that string in your translation text file? The file in question is called "Gossip.txt" in the Assets\Text\En_US\ path.
Code:
        <Row Tag="LOC_GOSSIP_SOURCE_GREAT_PERSON_JOURNALISM">
            <Text>Your intrepid reporter, {1_Name}, discovered that</Text>
        </Row>
Disclaimer : Obviously make a backup before you start messing around with game files.

What gets me is the fact that when you play your first game the words "your intrepid reporter xxx discovered that" seem quite cute but by the second game you just wish they removed these words. Also you should be able to say SV or CV and see gossip related to what you care about
[...]
But can and do others?
In the appendix of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' is a link to an alveary about the most needed survival kits ... there you find: Sid Meier's Civilization VI > Workshop > FinalFreak16's Workshop: Simplified Gossip
"This mod simplifies the gossip history log in the leader diplomacy view. Unnecessary flavour text is removed and messages are shortened. Each message also has its own icon to categorise each entry and make it easier to see what happened at a glance."

Top Bottom