AI improves a useless tile

10lire

Prince
Can anyone explain to me why AI is building a farm on this useless tile?
In the image you can see that there is already a cottage on this tile but it was in the range area on city I destroyed (the ruins are in the tile below).

Spoiler :

Attachments

• useless_tile.JPG
    useless_tile.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,160
If AI workers don't have anything better to do, they'll farm any farmable tile outside BFCs to ensure irrigation in case of pillages or farm-destroying random events - they don't check if the farm in question would actually ensure any irrigation though.

Should their workers be idling inside their cities instead? :)

I'd also farm that space to spread irrigation.

You should throw them a hint that there's no one in those ruins below them. Don't tell them directly though, that would be embarrassing for them!

I've seen automated workers farm over a cottage and then cottage over the farm immediately afterward. When everything's improved, they seem to want to do as much work as possible, without regards to whether it's useful.

I've had automated workers build a fort over an oil source... never use them.

I don't really see why thats such a good reason not to use them? Of course, I'm not saying you should, but thats because Automated Workers are generally braindead.

Building a fort is a little slower than a well, but at least you still get the resource (and a defensive bonus).

If AI workers don't have anything better to do, they'll farm any farmable tile outside BFCs to ensure irrigation in case of pillages or farm-destroying random events - they don't check if the farm in question would actually ensure any irrigation though.

This. The AI never idles workers.

Building a fort is a little slower than a well, but at least you still get the resource (and a defensive bonus).

You can build the fort on the oil on the same turn you research sci method and uncover the oil. You won't be able to use the oil until combustion, but you will gain access on the same turn you research combustion, rather than x turns later when you build the well. If you want the production bonus from the well, you can always construct a well over the fort later.

This is also true. Other than that, I don't really see much benefit from building forts instead. I guess the fact you can base aircraft there.

A fort is better than a well if the oil happens to be outside a city's BFC. You can base units there and defend your oil.

Top Bottom