AI Not Building Navy

Another thing that really annoyed me was when i was versing the french i put a colony on some coal deep in the jungle. Then the next turn a french settler plops down a city right next to my colony. Then next turn the french tell me to get out of their borders. So i leave and they have the only source of coal in the continent :mad:.I thought this is an act of war building a city next to someones colony??? That's why i will never build a colony again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Another thing that really annoyed me was when i was versing the french i put a colony on some coal deep in the jungle. Then the next turn a french settler plops down a city right next to my colony. Then next turn the french tell me to get out of their borders. So i leave and they have the only source of coal in the continent :mad:.I thought this is an act of war building a city next to someones colony??? That's why i will never build a colony again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's why you plop a settler on the coal instead of a worker. A colony only allows you to borrow the resource, not own it.

Nope, assimilating colonies is not an act of war!

I rarely use colonies, they are meant for situations where you can't plot a city down, such as when a resource appears in an endless mass of mountains.

Or when you need a resource right NOW and can't afford to wait to get a settler there, or a border to expand.

Not ganging up, but it is exactly like that in Civ 2. 3 doesn't have any penalty, so you can turn that almost finished marketplace into a tank just like that! ;) (Just don't mind the JCPenny's in the turret)

Marsden, I fell apart when I read that!!! Too funny! :p :lol:

Nope, assimilating colonies is not an act of war!

Or when you need a resource right NOW and can't afford to wait to get a settler there, or a border to expand.
That's why i built a colony i needed the coal right now and the next settler would be built in 6 turns. So i thought in 6 turns the AI would Probably plop down a city on that coal so i built a colony. But i didn't know the AI can Build a city next to my colony. So it was just a waste of a worker.

Top Bottom