AI to AI diplomacy bias

Kemal

Tough Bureaucrat
Okay, I know certain AIs get along better with others and that there is something called warmongerers respect.. but this is getting way out of line and is imho perhaps the biggest AI cheat of all. Check out Zara Yakob's relations with the other AIs... especially with Hammurabi. Survivorman's attitude at cautious -3 to Zara is a good second btw..
Pfft what a joke..

So the AI can basicly be any religion at will since there is no diplo penalty, and gets to trade non-stop with everyone... while I have to manage my religions (i.e. forego taking one even with the religious Spanish) since otherwise you will be dogpiled by the others asap, and get stop trading requests all the time.

It really is one of the most annoying aspects of the game to me, just had to vent and rant I suppose. :)

Attachments

• Zara_Bias.jpg
    Zara_Bias.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 157
I don't really have any trouble with diplomacy. Most of the time, I actually have trouble getting my AI friends to get along with each other. It's really annoying when your two best friends declare war on each other and I get roped in somehow

I don't really have any trouble with diplomacy. Most of the time, I actually have trouble getting my AI friends to get along with each other. It's really annoying when your two best friends declare war on each other and I get roped in somehow

I wish that happens more often in my games, since I am getting bored of those one dimensional religion-based love-hate relationships.

Put Shaka, Monty and Isabella in the mix...

Put Shaka, Monty and Isabella in the mix...

I'm doing so in my game.

Honestly if you want a game that is never dull make a Pangaea or Continents map, with the Aggressive leaders Alex, Boudica, Genghis, Hammurabi, Monty, Rags, Shaka, Stalin, and Toku. Also put in the semi aggressive leaders Julius, Mao, and Napoleon. Then put in the religious nuts Izzy, Pacal, Saladin, and Zara. Throw in SB for his annoying nature to yourself and the AIs. And finally add either whatever AI you hate the most (in my case Bismark) or another religious nut in Sury.

Play as any of the above in that scenario and voila no more boring games EVER.

Tokugawa isn't aggressive, just... asocial, or however you want to call it, right? Is Pacal a religious nut? Because I use the same players as you do, but with Charlemagne instead of Pacal, Augustus instead of Iulius, and with Joao for his REX tendency to get 18. That is, if I don't add every single civilization...

Tokugawa isn't aggressive, just... asocial, or however you want to call it, right? Is Pacal a religious nut? Because I use the same players as you do, but with Charlemagne instead of Pacal, Augustus instead of Iulius, and with Joao for his REX tendency to get 18. That is, if I don't add every single civilization...

1. By aggressive I mean has the Aggressive trait.

2. Yes he is a religious nut.

3. I can understand Charlemagne. There is a reason I usually call him Charlatan. I almost hate him as much as I do Bismark. Them 2 and Washington annoy me to no end due to being some of the biggest backstabbers I've seen. @ least with the other big backstabber in Cathy is she usually tends to give a bit of warning before DOW (unless bribed into war by a 3rd party) in the form of demands in tribute.
Sadly though she can not be used due to having Stalin instead.

4. As for Augustus I've never been impressed with him and he is never anywhere near as aggressive as Julius. Only cool thing about Augustus is he has a habit of destroying my Battleships with his Caravels or Triremes for some reason.

5. Joao is not needed. Zara and Shaka tend to do enough REXing to be a hassle without 1 more added into the mix.
Though strangely in my current game Zara is hardly expanding @ all and Toku is instead taking up a lot of REXing. Though Toku is still bottom of the scoreboard.

6. You have a way to add all the civs? Neat. Sadly I can not and am therefore stuck with 18.

For an interesting game, I wouldn't add Toku. I know he isn't friendly, but he usually shoots himself in the foot so fast he isn't a factor. Boudica isn't too crazy either.

Julius is a LOT more aggressive than Augustus, no question. Not quite at psycho level, but no peacenik.

Monty is a religious nut, but what would an aggressive game be without the #1 psycho? Shaka necessary for obvious reasons - very hard to get him to friendly. I wouldn't use Izzy, she's the leader for religious love/hate games.

Cathy rexes well and Zara is always dangerous. Zara, however, cares a lot about religion.

Speaking of hidden modifiers... Has anyone ever created a mod that alters the diplomacy screen to show those hidden modifiers?

Would that even be possible?

-Sinc

For an interesting game, I wouldn't add Toku. I know he isn't friendly, but he usually shoots himself in the foot so fast he isn't a factor. Boudica isn't too crazy either.

Julius is a LOT more aggressive than Augustus, no question. Not quite at psycho level, but no peacenik.

Monty is a religious nut, but what would an aggressive game be without the #1 psycho? Shaka necessary for obvious reasons - very hard to get him to friendly. I wouldn't use Izzy, she's the leader for religious love/hate games.

Cathy rexes well and Zara is always dangerous. Zara, however, cares a lot about religion.
It's always nice to have Boudica in my game, because I always end up with her as my friend and she's always willing to attack anyone I want her to.

It's true that Izzy would be on one side of a half and half religion world but everytime I play, no one ever takes her religion

Speaking of hidden modifiers... Has anyone ever created a mod that alters the diplomacy screen to show those hidden modifiers?

Would that even be possible?

-Sinc
A New Dawn has a diplomacy modifier so that this shows up on AI's: "A first impression is a lasting one". Most of the time, you only get -1 from this but some AI's (between each other) have -9 or -11. I don't know if this is random, though

speaking of hidden modifiers... Has anyone ever created a mod that alters the diplomacy screen to show those hidden modifiers?
-sinc

bug/bull

nappy is really annoying sometimes. a real backstabber.

Nappy is not a backstabber - he's a full blown psycho, and IMO the worst one as he actually has good traits compared to Monty and Shaka - although Shaka is very strong leader in the human's hands - great synergy. Cathy, Willie and Qin are examples of backstabbers.

Nappy is not a backstabber - he's a full blown psycho, and IMO the worst one as he actually has good traits compared to Monty and Shaka - although Shaka is very strong leader in the human's hands - great synergy. Cathy, Willie and Qin are examples of backstabbers.

Definitely - Nappy is one of the top 6 psychos. I find him to be the second best psycho behind Shaka. Shaka's very good in AI hands as well - he's the one leader for whom Aggressive is a good trait with his awesome synergy. I rank Shaka ahead of Nappy as an AI because he seems to use some judgement about who to attack.

Any aggressive game's gotta have Cathy. NEVER trust her.

I hate diplomacy in general. They demand, they die. No Mr. Nice Viking.

Top Bottom