• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI too focused on naval now

alpha wolf 64

Byte me
I'm playing on archipelago setting and thanks to espionage, I can see what they are building. young cities are focused on building way too many ships. I just sit off their cities with stacks of 3 privateers and just rack in the GG points. I beelined to there while one still had triremes. Even tho I only had 3 privateers there, they never massed attacked with their 50+ ships. I did spent alot of time in shallow waters, unless I was healing.

Two things that must be fixed:
1. dont keep building ships without a reason,
2. privateers should not earn GG points.

I'd rate building lots of ships high on Archipelago too. Further, I guess they need to build a lot of them if you have privateers - they're probably trying desperately to get a large enough stack of triremes to do some damage! ;) They also can't get to you with Triremes when all you need do is move to the ocean.

Heisenberg uncertaintly principle..... you've coloured the results of your example, so you can't really make any statements from it. Under normal circumstances, I think the AI is much better navally now than before - can you remember how easy it was in previous versions to become impregnable if you had an island to yourself. Now there is danger again.... a lot of danger with some AI's - I had Monty build around 80 Frigates and 30-40 Galleons in one game and send over an incredible number of troops.

I agree that they do invasions much better. But I was sitting in coastal waters surrounded by 50+ triremes and they didnt take out my 3 privateers. I can completely sailed their coasts w/o fear of their triremes. Caravels are a whole different story. Those will launch suicide attacks.

Ya, My neighboor had around 45 carvels, but unfortunatly for him I had 4 frigates + airships. Sunk a large portion of his navy, and wiped up his cities easily since they didn't have a large ground force

Two things that must be fixed:
1. dont keep building ships without a reason,
2. privateers should not earn GG points.

2: Yes they should, history shows that privateer captains became legitament captains in many navies at many points in time.

1. Fixing this would balance out 2 anyhow. I agree, they hardly even blockade or anything. A navy of their size should blockade all your cities basically.

I don't know what the story with all the caravels is. I've been killing off Nappy's left and right. I've never had a destroyer get to Combat IV before, but he's made it possible with all the easy prey he's manufactured.

I don't even understand what the caravels are doing. They don't run away from my destroyers. In fact, they seem to be parked. I guess they're just trying to get visibility on my lands, but it's not working out for the AI.

Or maybe he wants me to destroy them because he can't bear pressing the skull and crossbones button. ;)

Yep, I don't know what they are doing just hanging out on their own coast watching my privateers blockade their trade and vandalize their fishing boats. After like 100 years I got a stack of 10 triremes to attack me once. And ya, caravels will eventually too. But far too late. The AI needs to be far more aggressive about protecting their coast, trade routes and using their navy for productive purposes.

Top Bottom