AI: What happens if you turn off all victory conditions?

poncratias

Prince
Just a question that popped in my mind:

If the AI changes it's behaviour depending on which victory conditions are turned on, wow does the AI act if you turn them all off?

And how does that change from different map size settings, etc?

Won't the game end at 2050 whatever you do? So I'd expect the AI to play for a Time victory. But interesting question - it's odd that you can turn that victory condition off...

Time is a victory condition, which can be turned off.

I don't suggest anyone try this for fear of tearing a hole in space-time and destroying reality.

Does the ai REALLY change its play style depending on victory conditions ? I have never noticed this in any Civ game.

My guess is that a puppy dies somewhere. So if you do it you are a puppy-murderer!

I imagine then, the AI would stil play for survival/power
Perhaps this is just what we need.

It's an interesting idea. After all, I suppose a score/time victory is the most balanced and least one dimensional way to determine the victor.

I'm considering turning off all victory coniditions except time/score for my upcoming campaign; but I'd like to hear some more opinions before I do so.

Closer to square rooting a negative really...

Which is like throwing yourself into a black hole and still being alive....

Onto the topic now, when i go to turn off the time victory (i usually play without time victory but with the others on) it turns off all the other victories so i guess the universe has torn and made some more to compensate for the fact that u HAVE to have a time victory active or theres no victories at all...

And then theres the ai that erratically declares random wars and cant do any tactics for anything. I would be more worried about if the ai can handle realizing that theres no way for it to win anyways rather than what it will do exactly. Anyways the player is always king over the ai if they play their cards right atm.:lol::king:

Wow...I saw this and was stunned. Stunned why? because Since CivIII I have NEVER played a single game with a victory condition on. Makes no sense...can't "win" at life with some lil project or with how many friends ya have so...only way to play with true realism is with no winning conditions.

Anyhow, In Civ V like the rest....the ai doesn't seem to mind no winning conditions. They play to wipe everyone out it seems. Don't know how that compare to when there is a winning condition since I have never played with one.

....Now to start a new game and add another puppy to the pile!!!

Well ,i do not play with victory conditions and u can play just for the ride.

Yes, it seems the jury is in. The only way to win Civ V as it stands is to not play! Victory will only be had by those who don't waste countless hours on this beta!

Yes, it seems the jury is in. The only way to win Civ V as it stands is to not play! Victory will only be had by those who don't waste countless hours on this beta!

The whine is strong in this one

Top Bottom