• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI wierdness

bds

Warlord
Has anybody ever had this happen?

How on earth did this happen?

At first if though it might be that 1 of the 2 had been destroyed but when i sent a unit to reveal the map sure enough both cities were still standing.

lol,

if you look at the picture you will notice that london has been founded 1 tile away from paris. Your not suppost to be able to do this...

It's an Earth map of some form. Europe is too crowded to fit in all civs without placing some capitals that close to each other. It's nothing to do with AI behaviour; it's due to the map and the rules that have been altered for that map.

It's an Earth map of some form. Europe is too crowded to fit in all civs without placing some capitals that close to each other. It's nothing to do with AI behaviour; it's due to the map and the rules that have been altered for that map.
The capitals were not already placed on the map and it didn't allow me to do the same with my settlers and it wasnt a mod. So why did the settler have the ability to build a city that close to one another? Is there something that allows map makers to do that?

No, there must not. If it´s water between the tiles, then it does not matter.You can build 2 cities that close.

And I must say: what a great start position for Louis. I´ve never seen so much resourse close to a city.

Cía;5355073 said:
And I must say: what a great start position for Louis. I´ve never seen so much resourse close to a city.
*cough wheeze hack*Earth Map*cough wheeze hack*

As for the OP, I have one word for you, just one word: graphical bug.

Cía;5355069 said:
No, there must not. If it´s water between the tiles, then it does not matter.You can build 2 cities that close.

this is the correct answer. it isn't specifically the earth map and it isn't a graphics bug. coast causes an exception to the "2 tiles away is illegal" rule. i'm not sure if a freshwater lake does.

this is the correct answer. it isn't specifically the earth map and it isn't a graphics bug. coast causes an exception to the "2 tiles away is illegal" rule. i'm not sure if a freshwater lake does.
When I said Earth map, I was referring the fact that France had lots of resources.

When I said graphical bug, I was referring to the cultural borders not being right (I did not read as thoroughly as I had thought).

Just saving face. :king:

i understand that thing, but how does th computer decide who gets to work the tiles, for example the wheat next to Paris. it can be worked by both London and Paris. Does it go to the first founded city?

Top Bottom