Air Units

I think the Russians should have MiG-29 as a jet fighter because MiG-21 has long ago become out of date.
As for the strike fighter I accept your choise though Su-37 combines interceptor and strike fighter and is often called a multirole fighter.
As For the jet bomber Su-25 is a nice choise.

SoI said:
I think the Russians should have MiG-29 as a jet fighter because MiG-21 has long ago become out of date.
As for the strike fighter I accept your choise though Su-37 combines interceptor and strike fighter and is often called a multirole fighter.
As For the jet bomber Su-25 is a nice choise.
Yeah, good choice about the air superiority role for the MiG-29. Forgot all about it, to tell you the truth. Let me ask you a question is it capable of doing that "cobra" manuever that the pilots are able to do with the Sukhois? :crazyeye:

Ankenaton said:
Yeah, good choice about the air superiority role for the MiG-29. Forgot all about it, to tell you the truth. Let me ask you a question is it capable of doing that "cobra" manuever that the pilots are able to do with the Sukhois? :crazyeye:

Hi Ankenaton,

Yes he can. I've seen it in France on an aerial show with planes from Russia, Germany USA and France. Impressive !

The Frog.

No Iraq's MiG-29 where shut down during the Desert Storm and they shoot down some plains including one British Tornado.
And nowadays upgraded MiG 29 is the best 4th generation fighter in fact it is something like 4.5 generation...

In soviet and in russian army both MiGs and Su are used but Su's are more expencieve and it is heavy interceptor MiGs are cheaper lighter and it is a front fighter. Both planes can attack land targets.
There are still discustions which of the planes can do better in close combat...

SoI said:
No Iraq's MiG-29 where shut down during the Desert Storm and they shoot down some plains including one British Tornado.
And nowadays upgraded MiG 29 is the best 4th generation fighter in fact it is something like 4.5 generation...

In soviet and in russian army both MiGs and Su are used but Su's are more expencieve and it is heavy interceptor MiGs are cheaper lighter and it is a front fighter. Both planes can attack land targets.
There are still discustions which of the planes can do better in close combat...

Hi man,

Mmm, it's not THE best plane. It's ONE of the best planes in the world, sure. Don't forget that even the best plane piloted by a poor guy worth nothing. Some other planes are also very very good (F-15, Rafale, Su-27,...for examples) but theirs pilots are the main factor of success (or not).
Nevertheless, choosing Mig-29 or Su-27 for Russia is a very small problem :p . I like these two very well built, powerful and beautiful jet fighters ! :goodjob:

The Frog.

Hi man,

Mmm, it's not THE best plane. It's ONE of the best planes in the world, sure. Don't forget that even the best plane piloted by a poor guy worth nothing. Some other planes are also very very good (F-15, Rafale, Su-27,...for examples) but theirs pilots are the main factor of success (or not).
Nevertheless, choosing Mig-29 or Su-27 for Russia is a very small problem . I like these two very well built, powerful and beautiful jet fighters !

The Frog.

Totally agree:)
The best fighters now are F/A-22 Raptor and F-35 but they are really expencive... I hope that russian MiG, Su and I will also produce something sweet.

Spartan117 said:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=175766

This is interesting. I think this should be included so that air units can actually pick fights, Bi-planes will no longer be quite so successful against modern air units.

Maybe you guys Mexico and Houman could incorporate this into the mod?:please:

Done ! (also with others ideas from this link) ;)

I hope an offensive "clear the skies" option becomes available. I think Strike Fighters have been nerfed too much. I finally got to the modern age in a game. There was a massive world war. I had 5 nuclear carriers attack fleets and targets in my enemies land. Each carrier had 5 F-18's. That's 25 planes. Results: 23 of 25 were intercepted by enemy jets, 1 of the 25 was intercepted by an enemy destroyer. Only one plane got through. Of the 24 that were intercepted 19 were shot down. This is a little too weak. Your better off using regular fighters. What's the point of the extra damage if 99% of your planes are shot down in the attack?

mongoose air lethality component and update to air combat was included in beta3 already

Cheers... :)

*Goes to find changelog*

big fan of total realism. I would like to see a jet bomber be available as an alternate upgrade from the bomber as well.

the one problem i have is that with the current version (i dont have warlords) the rebase mission for all planes seems to have a maximum range. while i can see the thinking behind this, as entire air forces shouldnt be able to jump anywhere in one turn, it kind of ruins the point of having a large air force if i am playing on a continents map that happens to be too spread out as my planes have no way of reaching the other continents.

maybe have a multiple turn rebase option for long distance rebases?

@ a_chinchilla

big fan of total realism
You could not choose any better.

I would like to see a jet bomber be available as an alternate upgrade from the bomber as well.
Saddly till the release of Warlords Total Realism 2.0 Gold (or Total Realism for Warlords 2.0 Gold) progress on Vanilla Total Realism wont even shake.

maybe have a multiple turn rebase option for long distance rebases?
Planes shuld have "rebase" range. But still 1 turn is like a 1 year in modern era and in real time you need 13 hours to get from Europe to US.

@ a_chinchilla

Planes shuld have "rebase" range. But still 1 turn is like a 1 year in modern era and in real time you need 13 hours to get from Europe to US.

I realize the logic behind this, my only problem is that I have no way of getting my bombers across an ocean, making any airforce i have useless if i want to attack someone on another continent. I would just like some way to get them over the ocean.

Carriers work for getting fighters and strike fighters across, but its a lot of micromanagement and does not solve the bomber problem.

I realize the logic behind this, my only problem is that I have no way of getting my bombers across an ocean, making any airforce i have useless if i want to attack someone on another continent. I would just like some way to get them over the ocean.

Carriers work for getting fighters and strike fighters across, but its a lot of micromanagement and does not solve the bomber problem.

this feature was added by RogerBacon in his original Flying mod
i have some idea how to improve this (something like extended rebase - when you will pay some money to base over 2xrange limit - but this is for now only as paper idea)

this feature was added by RogerBacon in his original Flying mod
i have some idea how to improve this (something like extended rebase - when you will pay some money to base over 2xrange limit - but this is for now only as paper idea)

That's not a bad idea Mexico... Have it as a button next to the ordinary rebase button... "Long Range Rebase" (with a cost associated based on distance rebasing vs normal rebase range) - Rebases to any available city or carrier by use refueling aircraft in transit." (NB these refueling aircraft wouldn't exist in-game any more than the aircraft which perform an airlift)

That's not a bad idea Mexico... Have it as a button next to the ordinary rebase button... "Long Range Rebase" (with a cost associated based on distance rebasing vs normal rebase range) - Rebases to any available city or carrier by use refueling aircraft in transit." (NB these refueling aircraft wouldn't exist in-game any more than the aircraft which perform an airlift)

damn, how you can read mi mind???? :eek:

this is exactly how i thinking of this :D

Mexico said:

I belive you think too loud :)

Difference between us in this case is that I'm not smart enough to help you make it... ;) :D

Top Bottom