AK9 - The Idiots Dance

Oh goody, got it. Need some comic relief after the pasting I've been taking in GOTMwhatever.

This will be short.

Alexander is producing unkillable rifles. Takes two Cossacks to kill one rifle, and sometimes three.

I decided to bite the luxury bullet, turned up the entertainment tax when Industrialization came in, and kept the heat on Alexander's capitol. The need to keep some defense in the homeland (too many Germans and Persians wandering around) has slowed the advance, but Moscow is worth 3 turn Cossacks without a factory now and Novgorod will have its factory soon and can do the same so our attacking force into Greece will continue to build.

Alexander didn't have anything to give up for peace anyway until learning Communism just now.

The good news is we have another Cossack army. The bad news is it's hurting after Ephesus flipped back to Alex and he reinforced it with those unkillable rifles. The town is now a pile of rubble.

The first Cossack army has been contributing to the population decline at Athens by killing conscripts after the heavier rifles have been wounded by cannon fire. Once the second heals and we get a few more singles available bring them forward and resume the march south.

The Military Academy is done, no army started until the factory gets built, though as we need Cossacks.

The core towns have been managed for commerce. The fringes for happiness where possible.

Workers were ganged in the core which is now done and are moving outward from there.

Or make peace, and move on to Persia.

The Germans with Panzers doesn't sound like fun. Would they be a better next target?

Think we need to regroup after the Greek war. IIRC, otto's not too bright. Take out X in a short little war?

Xman doesn't have much. "Aw nuts" why not a little Rommel action in the deserts south of Russia? :lol:

Ah sheez sorry I missed this but I got it now.

Sorry for the delay fellas. Space cadet here :smoke:. OK so here's what I know. WW is off the charts. I will need run lux at probably 60% since our furs deal is due next. I know Bede is no fan of these Greek guys but I need to stop the madness. Before I do it I whack a LB with an elite MI. No dice. Alex gives nav, econ and 4 workers for 2g and peace. ToA will have to wait. Most of their wonders are in Thermopylae anyhow.
Lux goes to 10% and we crank up for electricity.

In 1150 I establish Ephus Pitch near the spices. Lux to 0. Get booted out of Greece. That helps.

In 1160 Rail to the Persian front.

1170 Rail for the cannons.

1180 Set a placeholder in Novograd for Hoovers. I decide X Man needs to go. Yep he's scum alright. Take Arbela and KT. Get two slaves out of it too. Send one to the furs and set up a temporary colony. Wipe out another city I can't remember by the Greeks. Leader farm, rimming no.

In 1190 I bomb Pasagardae. Pete's army is unreal. He knocks off two 3/4 rifles and two 2/4 rifles and is still 12/14. Wow. Send in 1st elite and he retreats to a immortal, 2nd takes a bow and finishes the immortal, vet promotes after redlining versus the king. Raze. 3 slaves. Establish Gatewayov as a gateway to Persepolis. Get 2 more slaves knocking off a settler/rifle in standing in front of our stack. :smoke: LB loses to a crusader but redlines him. Put a MI on the rails whips around his spike thing and Pavel produces Joe Stalin. Stalin goes to Moscow and rushes a factory. I hope this was the right thing to do but I didn't think we needed another army.

1200 my house is dark. Note taking capabilities decline. Otto ask for salt. I tell to stick it. He backs off.

1210 Lose 2 cossacks but take Persepolis with the GW and the pyramids.

1220 darkness reigns.

In 1230 it's a new day. We will have electricity next. Science to 40%. I manuever.

In 1240 Take the remaining two king cities and the powerful Persians are toast. Tried to leader farm to no avail.

1250 The Heroic Epic comes in. Set Moscow to army for ToE.

SUMMARY
Well that was fun. I set up a palace prebuild for Hoovers in Novograd and a ToE prebuild in Moscow with the army. We are up electricity on Alex and electricity and industry on Otto. Otto is big. I left a settler by his saltpeter in case we want to take it back. It might be kind of fun to see if he can get panzers but with 4 players we may want to end him. I like this regicide thing. You have to get to the big cities to wipe 'em out. Hehe. OK that's all I know.

Preflight check: hmm, ToA prebuild started a little late. Will only have 192 in the bucket in 4T. MM for 51spt vs 48spt, so we get ToA in 12T vs 13. This should be within 1 or 2T of the Hoovers prebuild.
10T till we can do anything to the Greeks, so only the Germans can be targets atm.

Decide to use a settler to fill an area near Greek Salt only to find a German rifle/settler pair.

Send a Cossack over to Persepolis to quell resistors (no need to have them with Persia gone)

T1: 1255AD

IBT: Germans building US

T2: 1260AD Persians up Corporation.

T3: 1265AD

IBT: SciMeth -> RP (due in 7T, ToE due in 8T)

T4: 1270AD

:bounce:

T10: 1300AD nada, workers moves.

Watch out for barbs springing out of the fog. Cost us a few workers this turnset.

RP due in 1T, ToE due in 2T, Hoovers due in 3 or 4T.

Roster

whomp - now a panda from KISS.
gram- just played.
AK- up now with igor out looking for a map
tubby--Lurking
sanabas - still building??
bede - on deck

:blush: GMan how should I have done the ToE different? Should I have put it in another city? I rushed a factory with the MGL in Moscow and then started it.

I think that it is timed just right.

Replaceable parts is coming in next turn. Atomic Theory should be selected with research set to zero. ToE comes in next turn. We get AT for free then select Electronics and get that for free as well. Novogrod should then be switched to Hoover's.

I'd try to trade Electricity to Greece for the Corporation without per turn deals. Then declare on them before those nasty infantry show up in a color other than brown.

Whomp said:
:blush: GMan how should I have done the ToE different? Should I have put it in another city? I rushed a factory with the MGL in Moscow and then started it.
did not see that in your report, so I assumed that we had the factory there for a while, pumping out cossacks (hence the 48spt). however, since we didn't, the builds looks good as is, no complaints :)

usually, when getting to this stage at higher level games, I try to find my ToE & Hoover prebuild towns before steam. then I try to prebuild factorys (timed to finish with Industrialization research). This usually nets ToE & Hoovers within a turn or 2 of Sci Meth research. Wars and such can distract from this effort (as happened here, but we won't hurt a bit for it).

As Bede can tell you I'm good at screwing up the ToE/Hoover's thing. I did have Moscow switching tiles a bit for other cities benefit but I suppose letting it stay at 51 spt was the better option.
Looks like I didn't leave you with much fun by eliminating Xman. :)

@ TR I'm just thinking out loud here but here's an idea. Send your wife shopping for a couple hours...slip the disc in and play 3 or 4 turns. Whatcha think?

This game looks like it could finish with a flurry if Otto gets panzers. I kind of secretly hope he does.

Whomp said:
@ TR I'm just thinking out loud here but here's an idea. Send your wife shopping for a couple hours...slip the disc in and play 3 or 4 turns. Whatcha think?
That'd be great but I told her to hide it and I'm not that good for easter egg hunting. I've actually glanced around for it, but it's in no obvious place. She's good at hiding things.....Sometimes she buys cookies and hides them somewhere in our smallish kitchen and somehow eats them all before I ever find them. All I see is the empty bag in the trash. :(

:hmm: Of course. Just finding it would require a loooonnnggg shopping excursion with lots and lots of money being spent in the process. Bad plan.
How about leniency for good behavior? It's a holiday weekend? We begged? We can't survive without your skills?

How about leniency for good behavior?
Who says I've been good?
It's a holiday weekend?
My folks are bringing my daughter back from a week excursion @ the beach and I miss her so.
We begged?
I've done that
We can't survive without your skills?
Is this a joke? :lol: I think my game must have improved since I stopped playing :confused: :crazyeye:

That'd be great but I told her to hide it and I'm not that good for easter egg hunting. I've actually glanced around for it, but it's in no obvious place. She's good at hiding things.....Sometimes she buys cookies and hides them somewhere in our smallish kitchen and somehow eats them all before I ever find them. All I see is the empty bag in the trash

I think our wives are cloning.....

I tried to pick up the save and get it tonight, but I got the "this is not valid save file" error message.

Anyone who can get this before monday, please feel free (as in the no underwear mode) to do so.

Top Bottom