All CiV content on sale at Gamersgate.com (e.g. GOTY for 16.98$)

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff
Gamersgate.com is having a big holiday sale and just put all V stuff on sale today. Of note is the PC versions of all DLC is finally on sale at a significant reduction - I've rarely seen this.

If you are not familiar with Gamersgate, it is a very good digital download site with a specialization on strategy games. It is the goto site for all Paradox games.

edit: I just put 4 DLCs in my cart and received a 4 for 3 discount in the cart, so I ended up saving even more. I'm not sure if this is because I'm a ranked customer or just a standard deal, but it is worth noting. I got 4 DLCs (including the combo packs) for around $6. 1 combo pack goes for $9 retail.

All of the Civ5 content will of course activate on Steam, but for any non-Steamworks game GamersGate does not require you to run it online or with a client (unless the game requires extra DRM, like Ubisoft's games).

There hundreds of other games on sale too, although it is worth comparing the prices with those on Steam since Steam is also having its massive holiday sale. Civilization 5 might also go on daily special on Steam too but it is currently cheaper on GamersGate. Both websites also have massive sales on almost everything right now too, so it is worth price checking between the two.

http://www.gamersgate.com/giftguide

but for any non-Steamworks game GamersGate does require you to run it online or with a client (unless the game requires extra DRM, like Ubisoft's games). [/url]

What do you mean by this? I've been using Gamersgate for years and it certainly does not require you to run the games online or use some client like Steam. Gamersgate has no client.

I do agree that price comparison is in order. I think V might come down even more in price over the holidays. However, I've never seen the DLC this low or even on sale before, except for a minor discount on Steam a couple of weeks back. I doubt the DLC goes down much from GG's price.

What do you mean by this? I've been using Gamersgate for years and it certainly does not require you to run the games online or use some client like Steam. Gamersgate has no client.
I forgot to put in "not".

I do agree that price comparison is in order. I think V might come down even more in price over the holidays. However, I've never seen the DLC this low or even on sale before, except for a minor discount on Steam a couple of weeks back. I doubt the DLC goes down much from GG's price.
The daily special might go down to 75% off. However if you have made puchases on GG already (or during the sale) you get 5% of the value back in blue coins, which are great for using to buy DLC for free (so far I have gotten all but one of the EUIII's sprite packs for free, and a few games).

looks like a good ole thread merger is about to happen

by the way, the news is on the front page as well

do they have different prices for different countries? I clicked the link and I see 66% (instead of 81%) discount and a price of 13,58 euro for goty. Anyway, I already own Civ5, I was just curious.

Thank you! Been looking for a place to get the GOTY edition.

I already own the game (Bought it when it was released), but paying $17 is cheaper than buying the DLC

<sigh> Yes, I apparently missed the thread in the forum. I did check. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)

Top Bottom